Advanced search checkboxes problem

• Piotr
    Piotr
    Newbie 21 points
    March 12, 2015 at 11:11 am

Hi!
    I have following problem. I want to use chceckbox selection in advanced search field. Unfortunately I can’t make it work.
    When I make checkbox in submission field, and in advances search I get this array in checkboxes . Can anyone guide me through this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,111 points
    March 12, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Hi Piotr,

There’s no checkbox option for the advanced search. Radio is not a checkbox. I suggest you choose dropdown select option instead for the advanced search.

• Piotr
    Piotr
    Newbie 21 points
    March 13, 2015 at 8:51 am

But I want users to be able to multilselect in search from wiz_gr_klientow when they are searching. Isn’t there any workaround? If chceckbox is impossible maybe there is another way to do this?

• Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,111 points
    March 13, 2015 at 9:12 am

hi Piotr,

Please try the Multi select on Advanced Search field.

• Piotr
    Piotr
    Newbie 21 points
    March 14, 2015 at 5:01 pm

But if I have multiselect I get problem with input data. In every line there is info that in selected field is data array.

I know it is a bit offtop bu do you know if thare is option to change size of this multiselect field?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • MURALIDHARAN
    MURALIDHARAN
    Newbie 33 points
    March 14, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Hi
    Recently, I have created custom widget advanced search with checkboxes for one of my project, Please check this link https://www.dailywebday.com/jobhouse/contact/

The side bar widget in above link is to search jobs based on custom field checkboxes and it is also integrated with top search form.

It requires some code changes in core programs. Please contact me murali@indiacitys.com, if you want to customize the code.

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes