Tuomo

Add option value for quick search – Jobs Blue

I have this Jobs Blue as a child theme on my page. There is a quick search panel on the page which I'd like to modify a little bit. I'm trying to add at least one more value in to the "all position type" selection, for example "thesis". Since I found this CUSTOMFIELD_LIST('jobtype',"","author"), I modified the "_language.php" of Responsive Job Board Theme to add this "thesiswork" in it, as in the attached file, but that doesn't to be working. What should i do to add one more option value into this quick search, not the advance search ? Regards.

Created: July 19, 2016 at 9:17 am
  • In: Child Themes
  • Started by: Tuomo
  • 2 members left 4 comments
  • Last reply from: Josh

• Josh
    July 19, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Hello Tuomo,
    You will need to edit theme core files to add more file to edit is located in your theme files >framework >class Find this code array("fulltime" => $CORE->_e(array('author','fulltime')), "parttime" => $CORE->_e(array('author','parttime')), "contract" => $CORE->_e(array('author','contract')), "internship" => $CORE->_e(array('author','internship')), "temporary" => $CORE->_e(array('author','temporary')));
    Note:Edit theme core files at your own risk
    `

• Tuomo
    July 20, 2016 at 6:28 am

Thank you Josh, this works perfectly!

• Tuomo
    July 20, 2016 at 7:08 am

But I have something came up for this. As you can see in the image, there is no thesis work in the list of job type. How can I have this list updated with the new option value as I put in the quick search panel ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    July 20, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Hello Tuomo,
    Please post here if not sure what changes/customizations to make >>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)