Add Listing – Custom Field issue

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Add Listing – Custom Field issue

Add Listing – Custom Field issue

August 2, 2013
Mark Mark
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points

Hi, has anyone else experienced any issues with adding a new submission field name without using a databse key? Is this possible? I add a field called Nickname and just want an input field, but it doesn’t show once I’ve saved it. I’m using the latest – Responsive WordPress Themes 3.9.

Many thanks
    Mark

August 2, 2013 at 12:46 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

if you dont add a database key then it simply wont save any data, really dont see why you would try todo this?

August 2, 2013 at 1:02 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points

Very true, for some reason I was thinking I could only use url, country or state for this. :roll: Is there a way users can add YouTube videos using a custom field, that would show the video in the listing? I have posted another post seeing if it was possible to add a seperate tab for videos but would be great if there was a temporary solution?

Many thanks
    Mark

August 2, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Just create a custom field with key ‘youtube’ and when people enter the youtube link in there, it will be shown as video on the listing page.

Kind regards,

Richard

August 2, 2013 at 8:59 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points

Hi Richard, I want the actual video to show in the listing rather than just the link. Please see my other post where I was discussing this with Mark http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/adding-documents/#post-7438 if I just use a custom key ‘youtube’ then the attached shows.

I wanted to hard code like this, maybe you can see from this what I’m trying to achieve.

<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”[FIELDS show=”youtube”]” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

There might be an easier way, but any help would be greatful.

Mark

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Oh, are you talking about the Responsive Directory Theme? But your post is in the V7 DirectoryPress.

August 3, 2013 at 1:10 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Annoying when people dont post in the right forums :)

There is no ‘youtube’ custom field in directory theme.

August 3, 2013 at 2:49 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

note, that WordPress 3.6 will change any youube link into a video.

August 3, 2013 at 2:52 am
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points

I still need to update WP, well that would be perfect then. Thanks for your help. My bad for posting in the wrong place. Im still use to working with DirectoryPress. Please feel free to delete or move these posts to keep things tidy 😛

August 3, 2013 at 6:06 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Ok, just tried it and upgraded to WP3.6 and it does not play the youtube link as video.

More is discussed on this thread: http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/adding-documents/#post-7566

August 3, 2013 at 10:11 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team