8.5 Coupon Theme – [RELATED] Sizing Issues

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    September 10, 2015 at 1:52 am

So, I’ve been working heavily on customizing the new theme today. I’ve actually got the [RELATED] code to work on the coupon listing page but for some reason the image frame, and title height are both fixed and ridiculously small. (as you can see in the image)

How can I actually get the dimensions correct, as they’re naturally displayed in the grid format?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    September 10, 2015 at 11:53 am

I guess I’ll just have to create css styles for each individual screen style, BUT, where in the theme’s code would I change how many rows appear for certain col sizes?

As you see in the image below, things are looking very tight!

I’d like to change it from 4 items to 3 items at that size…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 10, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Hello Mathew,
    The file to edit is class_shortcodes.php This line > extract( shortcode_atts( array( ‘view’ => ”, ‘perrow’ => 3), $atts ) );

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    September 10, 2015 at 2:02 pm

The thing is though, is that only changes the amount per row at maximum size… This owl-carousel behaves very oddly when shrinking the browser, and i’m struggling to find the logic…

Where can I change the amount per row at the various screen sizes?

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    September 10, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Only way I can make head way is by setting a min-width and max-width to each item on the carousel… Let’s see how this pans out.

.owl-carousel .owl-item {
    float: left;
    min-width: 211px;
    max-width: 250px;
    }

If you’re reading this and you’re a moderator / expert, how do I add the arrows to the carousel? It say’s in the code that arrows can be added, but how? cheers!

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    September 10, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Actually it didn’t fix anything because for some reason the carousel won’t scroll through all of the listings this way. FFS this is ridiculous.

If someone can just tell me where to edit the god damn carousel code it wouldn’t be a problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes