3.8 "Hide Listing Package" Question

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme 3.8 "Hide Listing Package" Question

3.8 "Hide Listing Package" Question

July 28, 2013
Adam Adam
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Hi Mark,

I’ve just updated to 3.8 and am looking through the changelog and backend and have a question about the new “Hide Listing Package” feature.

I am thinking I might be able to use this as a workaround to not having coupon capabilities by creating a duplicate “Pro” package to our public one, but changing the price to $0 in order to give our free accounts for our promotions.

1. Does this simply hide a package from the listings page BUT still allow it to be shared via a URL and have people sign up?

2. If the above is true, how do I get that URL in order to share it?
    (listing package subscribe buttons are currently behind some javascript so I don’t know how to get the url for any of them).

July 28, 2013 at 1:21 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi Adam

the hidden option will hide it from the package display function built into the theme, there isnt any URL option as of yet but it is possible.

July 28, 2013 at 1:31 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Thanks Mark, good to know it’s possible in the future at least.

My only marketing option now is to set our Pro package to $0.00 for a limited time. Not ideal moving forward when we need to give people free package access, but will have to do for now.

July 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

ok

July 28, 2013 at 2:58 pm
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team