Real Bid Amounts, Please Please.

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Auction Theme Real Bid Amounts, Please Please. Reply To: Real Bid Amounts, Please Please.

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Auction Theme Real Bid Amounts, Please Please. Reply To: Real Bid Amounts, Please Please.

• glendon
    glendon
    Newbie 47 points

I’m on a government surplus site and they use this feature that extends the auction by 3 minutes, every time someone bids within the last 3 minutes of the auction. They realize most people(nowadays) wait out the auction’s length and snipe the item in the last minutes.

They’ve totally ruined the killer deals we used to get. Now THAT’S a feature that maximizes revenue and makes the experience more like a real auction. I’ve been racking my brain to figure her position…

even still, if I want to buy a shipping container full of seized goods and I’ve calculated the MAX I can pay(while still turning a profit on resale) is $14 grand… it doesn’t matter what increments get me to my MAX.

Anyhow, I’ve given up partaking in the debate about it with her. I don’t understand and that’s perfectly fine because AFAIK I don’t need it:P

August 12, 2014 at 7:24 am
  • Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team