How FAST is your website?

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion How FAST is your website? Reply To: How FAST is your website?

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion How FAST is your website? Reply To: How FAST is your website?

• Michael
    Michael
    Senior Member 141 points

A fresh installation of WordPress default theme on my hosting – GTmetrix shows page load time of around 1 second.

Switch to Directory theme (same hosting, same domain) – page load time goes up to around 4 seconds.

All those files in PageSpeed Insights report are files belonging to PP themes. There is no customization on my end, there are no heavy images/files on the website.

I cannot Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content.

Minify plugins don’t work with PP, I tried a few of them, all of them destroy website’s layout.

I tried the following plugins:
    W3 Total Cache
    WP Smush.it
    Page Speed
    GZip Ninja Speed Compression
    Global Javascript
    Far Future Expiration Plugin

GtMetrix continues to point to different problems:

200.3KiB of JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Defer parsing JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering.

wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.11.0 (86.2KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/core.jquery.js (63.4KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/bootstrap.js (26.4KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/jquery.countdown.js (13.1KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/core.ajax.js (6.8KiB)

Remove query strings from static resources
    Resources with a “?” in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.bootstrap.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.core.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.core_childtheme_styles.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.font-awesome.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/bootstrap-datetimepicker.js?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/player/mediaelement-and-player.min.js?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/player/mediaelementplayer.min.css?ver=3.9.1

Make fewer HTTP requests
    This page has 13 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one. This page has 14 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.

August 1, 2014 at 7:05 pm
  • Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team