Home Forums General Discussion How FAST is your website? Reply To: How FAST is your website?

• Michael
    Michael
    August 1, 2014 at 7:05 pm

A fresh installation of WordPress default theme on my hosting – GTmetrix shows page load time of around 1 second.

Switch to Directory theme (same hosting, same domain) – page load time goes up to around 4 seconds.

All those files in PageSpeed Insights report are files belonging to PP themes. There is no customization on my end, there are no heavy images/files on the website.

I cannot Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content.

Minify plugins don’t work with PP, I tried a few of them, all of them destroy website’s layout.

I tried the following plugins:
    W3 Total Cache
    WP Smush.it
    Page Speed
    GZip Ninja Speed Compression
    Global Javascript
    Far Future Expiration Plugin

GtMetrix continues to point to different problems:

200.3KiB of JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Defer parsing JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering.

wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.11.0 (86.2KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/core.jquery.js (63.4KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/bootstrap.js (26.4KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/jquery.countdown.js (13.1KiB)
    wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/core.ajax.js (6.8KiB)

Remove query strings from static resources
    Resources with a “?” in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.bootstrap.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.core.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.core_childtheme_styles.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/css/css.font-awesome.css?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/js/bootstrap-datetimepicker.js?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/player/mediaelement-and-player.min.js?ver=3.9.1
    /wp-content/themes/DT/framework/player/mediaelementplayer.min.css?ver=3.9.1

Make fewer HTTP requests
    This page has 13 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one. This page has 14 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.

• Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments