WordPress Business Themes › Forums › Responsive Themes › Dating Theme › Dating Site – questions on basic configuration › Reply To: Dating Site – questions on basic configuration
1. Why have they created a dating theme using the word ‘listings’ instead of profiles? It’s such an obvious and easy thing to replace with the right word.
There are settings at Settings > Common Settings > PremiumPress Custom Slugs.
2. Can the categories be used to denote sexual orientation so that people submit a profile can add it to one category only? Is that what other webmasters do with the dating theme?
Nothing available that’s “built-in” that I’m aware of.
3. There are many version of the Google API for maps in the Google Developer control panel. Which one should I choose?
4. I have set four membership packages but only three are visible. Why is that?
Go to PremiumPress > Memberships and when you open up the setting and under Admin Extras you’ll see a Hide Package setting.
5. Where do I change the theme’s default text, like “Only one you’ve confirmed your email will you be subscribed to our newsletter.”
The language file is located here: /DA9/languages/premiumpress.pot
Honestly, I’m not too familiar with using Loco Translate plugin myself, but from what I understand changes can be made with that.
6. I have tested the default newsletter subscription. I receive the notification and click on the confirmation link but it returns a blank white page. Is there something I need to turn on to get this working?
Make sure the Thank You page setting is a link to a validi page. Create the page if you don’t already have one.
Here’s a tutorial that covers some basics with the Newsletter:
Submit your feature requests to our ideas board and it could be included in a future theme update.
or contact our support team