Dating Site – questions on basic configuration

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Dating Theme Dating Site – questions on basic configuration Reply To: Dating Site – questions on basic configuration

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Dating Theme Dating Site – questions on basic configuration Reply To: Dating Site – questions on basic configuration

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points

Hi Ben,

1. Why have they created a dating theme using the word ‘listings’ instead of profiles? It’s such an obvious and easy thing to replace with the right word.

There are settings at Settings > Common Settings > PremiumPress Custom Slugs.

2. Can the categories be used to denote sexual orientation so that people submit a profile can add it to one category only? Is that what other webmasters do with the dating theme?

Nothing available that’s “built-in” that I’m aware of.

3. There are many version of the Google API for maps in the Google Developer control panel. Which one should I choose?

Try the Maps JavaScript API

4. I have set four membership packages but only three are visible. Why is that?

Go to PremiumPress > Memberships and when you open up the setting and under Admin Extras you’ll see a Hide Package setting.
    06.06.2019-16.46.34

5. Where do I change the theme’s default text, like “Only one you’ve confirmed your email will you be subscribed to our newsletter.”

The language file is located here: /DA9/languages/premiumpress.pot

Honestly, I’m not too familiar with using Loco Translate plugin myself, but from what I understand changes can be made with that.

6. I have tested the default newsletter subscription. I receive the notification and click on the confirmation link but it returns a blank white page. Is there something I need to turn on to get this working?

Make sure the Thank You page setting is a link to a validi page. Create the page if you don’t already have one.

Here’s a tutorial that covers some basics with the Newsletter:

June 6, 2019 at 11:01 pm
  • Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team