For my site (https://directory.almunecarinfo.com), running Version 8.9.6 of the Directory plugin, I have:
* Setup my Google console
* The project
* The API Key: AIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXgv0
* The services for the API key are enabled:
– Google Maps Geocoding API
– Google Places API Web Service
– Google Maps Directions API
– Google Maps Distance Matrix API
– Google Maps Elevation API
– Google Maps Geolocation API
– Google Maps Time Zone API
* Listed in the the restrictions (limited to HTTP referrers) :
* I’ve entered the above API key in:
Theme Setup | Content Setup | GEO Location | API Key
And I am still getting errors in the Chrome console:
The script element that loads the API has no API key. Please make sure you include a valid API key as a key parameter. You can generate a new API key on the Google Cloud Platform Console.
See Get an API key.
What else can I try?