I did not update manually due to the fact that this will cause me a long downtime. There are a lot of changes, differences, new features etc.. which needs in depth planning, testing and time. My setup is customized which makes things more difficult. Therefore, I decided to wait until there is a tool available from the developer. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for this. I hope that he will work on this after all themes have v9 versions available.