Website settings

• Christa

3 points

Hi, when I installed the directory theme (just before I entered my licence key), I noticed that there was a list of requirements for the website settings. I think it said a few of my settings were wrong. I just assumed that the list would still be available after I entered my licence key but it has disappeared and now I don’t know what I need to fix to ensure my host settings are correct and compatible. Is there a blog with the list of requirements or is the diagnostics available somewhere on my dashboard? :)

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,759 points

Hello Christa,
    Please see attached image of host requirements

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

Christa

3 points

Thank you so much!! Just one more question – which php version should I have it set to? My site is currently set to 5.3. :)

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,759 points

Hello Christa,
    Version 5.6 and above should be ok

Christa

3 points

Thank you! :) Could I ask one more question? I’m having trouble setting up the Google map. I have gotten the API key and pasted that in. I couldn’t find the button that said “browser key” as described in the instructions here: http://www.premiumpress.com/blog/setup-google-maps-api-key-wordpress/
    so instead I have gone through the list of Google Map APIs and enabled them all. The map finally appeared when I enabled the javascript one but when I load my home page the map flashes for one second on the coordinates that I have provided, and then it switches immediately to a spot in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I’m not sure what I’ve done to cause this? :)

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,759 points

Hello Christa,
    Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want.Am here for you :)
    You must have a listing with location set for the homepage map to display correctly.Please go to Listing Manager >Click on a listing or create a new one then add location using Google map (Note:The listing must fall under a Listing Package that allows for map or enable map using Listing enhancement)

Christa

3 points

Fantastic thank you!! :)

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,759 points

You’re welcome Christa.Have a great day :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.