W3C Validation Service

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion W3C Validation Service

W3C Validation Service

July 2, 2013
Brandon Brandon
  • Brandon
    Brandon
    Titan 709 points

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my 23 Errors fixed.

I do not know how to Code but really would like my Errors fixed before I release my site live.

July 2, 2013 at 5:23 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,529 points

Cannot do anything without a link :)

July 2, 2013 at 5:41 am
  • Brandon
    Brandon
    Titan 709 points

cobramotoparts.com

July 2, 2013 at 5:54 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,529 points

looks like alot of them are todo with your SEO plugin.

try posting a job in the new job board, sure someone can adjust it for you cheaply;

http://jobs.premiumpress.com/

July 2, 2013 at 6:20 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Also, don’t forget that W3C validation is used for accessibility and w3c standards compliance – it is not an SEO tool. It is not always possible to achieve perfectly ‘valid’ site (especially WP site) without losing any functionality.
    You should ask yourself, how much does the validation improve your sale conversions and user experience? And on the other side, how are the customers affected if the site does not validate (how does it affect them)?

I see on daily basis site owners spending too much time (and money) on things like SEO and validation, while they should be concentrating on marketing, content/products and service, and complaining that their business is not doing well.

Please, I can’t stress it enough, get your priorities right!

Kind regards,

Richard

July 2, 2013 at 9:32 am
  • Brandon
    Brandon
    Titan 709 points

Richard, thanks for the info.

I thought my site had to be Error Free or Google would push my site down below another company that was Error Free.

I am learning here.

July 2, 2013 at 5:49 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Brandon, I had a look at the W3C validation report and most of the ‘errors’ were due to the use of meta tags used by FaceBook and Google (and which are not part of the W3C HTML standards) – so in this case, even though your site is not ‘validating’ it actually is not a fault, but benefit as the special meta tags are there to help you rank better.

July 2, 2013 at 6:04 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team