Users

November 2, 2017
 Julian

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

Cheers

Dating theme–child theme S1……I have purchased cometchat from looking at marks recommendations..it works fine except when you click on the users icon..it doesn’t show the profile..I am getting a 404 error.doesn’t seem to link the list(profile) user ID.through the chat window..but if the subscriber is logged in instead and hits the admin icon..it shows the admin profile..but only for the admin no other profiles will link…any help appreciated..

cheers

November 2, 2017 at 10:12 pm

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

update i discovered…here is maybe why if someone can help..

When a user logs in they choose the free membership for a year and its linked to 1 package for a year with only 1 listing…

so when they register they fill out a form with “account details” then save/submit..they when they hit edit profile they are now filling out profile details like title..description etc…

Now what the problem seems to be is when people in cometchat hit a members icon in the chat they are taken to websitename/members/listingname(not account name) (so you get a 404 error..it doesn’t show profile on page)

Now if you go to hit the admin icon..(which is me)…it takes the url now to websitename/listing/admin (my account name on site)

so as you can see somehow the account name shows on cometchat..but when you hit icon it wants to take you to the title name of your profile under a members link..it should be the same as the admin…

So somehow peoples accounts are not linked together with listings..only I seem to be..but they are all there… under users and under listings as subscribers

any advice appreciated..it was quite a cost to get this chat add on and Mark recommended it..thanks..

November 3, 2017 at 9:48 am
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team