Updating Music Theme from 8.2 to 8.3

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Music Theme Updating Music Theme from 8.2 to 8.3

Updating Music Theme from 8.2 to 8.3

December 1, 2015
 Timothy

• Timothy
    Newbie 2 points

Why after I delete 8.2 theme and upload 8.3, does it still indicate that the theme is 8.2. I delete the 8.2 theme and then upload new theme downloaded from premiumpress. Is this a file name issue or is there a way to check if indeed the downloaded file from premiumpress download center is actually 8.3?

December 1, 2015 at 3:19 pm

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

Timothy, the way I normally check is by looking in the style.css file of the theme. The download available in the Members area shows this to be 8.2 but whether this just wasn’t updated in style.css to 8.3 I don’t know – support will have to clarify.
    You could check the last modified dates of the files in the download and see if they are more recent than the 8.2 you already have (assuming you still have it). If they are maybe they just forgot to update version number in style.css.

December 1, 2015 at 3:48 pm
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Timothy,
    The Music Theme is using Version 8.2

December 1, 2015 at 4:25 pm

• Timothy
    Newbie 2 points

Status Update: I checked style.css (cpanel folder) from the uploaded 8.3 version and it indeed is identified as 8.2. Since I am on IPAD I am not able to compare to the 8.2 version I downloaded with original purchase (laptop). Will check this file folder later.

Uploaded a img pertaining to account download indicating file as 8.3. I had 8.2 up and running when I was alerted of an update in my admin panel.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 1, 2015 at 6:30 pm

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

The version number in the Members area is probably just wrong.

December 2, 2015 at 12:22 am

• Timothy
    Newbie 2 points

Checked the style.css file both versions are indeed 8.2 so for now I will be ignoring the auto update being generated in my dashboard. Thanks everyone for their input.

December 2, 2015 at 3:02 pm

• Salvatore
    Newbie 42 points

yup same issue as well. I installed 8.3 from a zip and it say 8.2 and I deleted completely.

January 6, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team