Unsubscribe

Unsubscribe

October 1, 2017
 DANA

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

How do I use the unsubscribe function? I create a page with what content? Thanks for any help..

October 1, 2017 at 9:00 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,381 points

hi Dana,

You just create a page via wordpress dashboard > pages > add new, place your unsubscribe message then copy paste the link to the Unsubscribe field.

You will then have to add the shortcode (unsubscribe) to your emails so user can click on it and will be redirected to the Unsubscribe page link you created.

October 2, 2017 at 1:22 am

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

Thank you Marie.. When you say paste the link to the unsubscribe field on the page, where do I get the link to that field? I don’t see an unsubscribe field or I can’t find it anyway, lol Thanks for your help

October 2, 2017 at 3:30 am
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,381 points

hi Dana,

you have to create a new page, just like the Thank You page i.e http://yourwebsite.com/unsubscribe/ . Then put in your own contents to that page. Again just like the thank you page, copy paste the url and place it to here http://prntscr.com/gs58w6

October 2, 2017 at 3:48 am

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

Thank you once again. I think I have that part down. Maybe I sound dumb but when someone unsubscribes does the system unsubscribe them just by clicking on that link and going to my unsubscribe page? Is there no special code that needs to be put in my unsubscribe page? Thanks for bearing with me..

October 2, 2017 at 4:05 am
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,381 points

hi,

from my reply above

“You will then have to add the shortcode (unsubscribe) to your emails so user can click on it and will be redirected to the Unsubscribe page link you created.”

use the (unsubscribe) shortcode , place it to your emails i.e newsletter email for the users to click and for them to be unsubscribed

October 2, 2017 at 5:06 am
  • andrew
    andrew
    Newbie 4 points

having the same problem no Unsubscribe link in email.

May 17, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team