Unable to install child theme properly

• sushant

0 points

Hello, I havee purchased video theme. And I want to activate the child theme – Gym Tutorial. When i tried, i got the error “The requested theme does not exist.”. I am attaching the screenshot to understand you clearly. Theme installed but some of features are not working. I want each features similar to this linnk- “vt1.wlthemes.com”. Please upload theme if you can as soon as possible. Thank You in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Steve

16 points

Hi, I had this problem when I first installed a child theme on my directory. Please follow the instructions to sort this out.

1. Open the .zip file of your child theme.

2. Find style.css and open it.

3. Locate the “Template: [XXX]” section around line 7.(As seen in picture 1 below)

4. Replace the [XXX] with your theme, so mine would be [DT] for directory theme. I’m guessing yours would be [VT] for Video Theme. (As seen in picture 2 below)

5. Save and close once you have replaced that text. & Then reinstall that .zip child theme with the new style.css inside.

I hope this helps you :)

Attachments:

Steve

16 points

picture 2

Attachments:

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,888 points

Alternatively,
    -Access the folder wp-content >themes located in your server/host (you can access the folder from your cpanel/host login section >file manager.You can also access the folder via ftp)
    -Download the child theme zipped file >>http://childthemes.premiumpress.com/?s=
    -Unzip and upload the child theme at wp-content >theme (or upload then unzip)
    -Go to Appearance >Themes >Activate child theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.