Too Many redirects

• Mark

10 points

Hi,

When updating my site i noticed that my add listing fields disappeared so i tried creating a new page and added this to a create listing template. This didn’t fix it so i created another page and did the same however it would not keep the page theme when saving it. I now get a too many redirects on my site when trying to access it. Has anyone else had this problem or have any tips on how i can fix it?

My site is http://comparearound-qa.co.uk if anyone can help?

Thank You

Mark

10 points

Sorry, further update. I noticed that the pages had lost the assigned page roles e.g. My Account, Add Listing, Call back etc. So have resigned them and now getting a 404 error.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Mark,
    Sorry your first question is not very clear.Maybe you could provide a screenshot
    For the second question please go to Theme Setup >General Setup >Page & Button Links

Mark

10 points

Sorry, i tried to explain what actually caused the issue in the first place.

I was making some changes in my site when i noticed that the ‘Add Listing’ page was now blank with no options at all. To try and resolve this i created a new page and tried to set the page role to ‘Add Listing’ hoping this would make all the listing page appear.

I then went back and deleted both pages so i could create another ‘Add Listing’ page again but when i actually tried to assign the role to the page and update it wouldn’t save the role to the page. I then wen back to the front end of the site which was when the too many redirects error would appear.

Since then i noticed that within the page and button links that the page roles had been totally lost so i have now resigned them which has caused the front end to now display a 404 error message. Hope this has made it a little clearer? I am unable to send screen shots as there’s nothing to show on the site. Only the error messages.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Try installing another fresh copy of the theme.You can download a copy from Members Area/My Account >>http://www.premiumpress.com/members/

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

Mark

10 points

Thanks for trying josh. That’s what i’ve had to do and start again. Serves me right for not creating a back up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.