an
groups-icon

Suggestion to make Premium Press Themes More User-Friendly

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Michael Fedyk
    0 points
    Beginner

Here’s my issue.

I have used several WordPress Themes inlcuding SimpleMag from Envato, OptimizePress and others.

All other themes I have used are so much more user-friendly. Easy to use. Great support.

I mean if you are going to have these themes for developers, okay, but you’re selling to a lot of people who invest time to learn your themes only then to learn they SHOULD BE a COMPLETE CSS & PHP expert, knowledgeable in Action Hooks & Filters and Child themes, etc. if you want to use these themes properly.

What you might want to do is help educate or make it easier for people who are experienced users but not necessarily expert programmers so they can effectively use your themes like OptimizePress does for its users. Their trainings are complete and simple. Their support is ongoing and great and there are no complaints about the user not knowing enough code.

You’ve got some good training videos but it’s not up to date and is incomplete for these things and if you make it simple for the user, you’ll get more clients. Lots more.

Is it just me? Lately, it seems PP themes are more programmer friendly than user-friendly as you have taken out the design layout functions with the CSS code, as an example, like assuming we’re all expert developers. But then I could say that about functions, hooks, filters, etc.

From my time on the forum:

1. Please don’t assume all your users here are experts.

2. And please don’t try to take advantage of those users posting jobs.

3. And Codeable is so expensive for the same work I can get done locally not even funny.

4. It should be okay to ask these any questions in this form….we are all at different levels of knowledge.

5. Support was great my first year here.

FYI, I’ve been able to do a lot with other themes without many support issues. So this can’t just be me speaking.

And please make sure the Revolution Slider plugin for PPT has Video working for YouTube in the slider.

Thanks.

Michael

September 2, 2015 at 7:07 pm
  • Hemanta Chakladar
    5 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    September 2, 2015 at 7:23 pm
  • Hussain
    -1 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    September 2, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Views

Replies