Stock Photography/Video Theme

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Stock Photography/Video Theme

Stock Photography/Video Theme

June 14, 2018
Mark Fail Mark Fail
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,618 points

Hi Guys

We will soon be launching a brand new theme based on the stock photography/video industry.

If there were any clients in here who have experience that would like to give suggestions for features then im happy to listen. Please comment below or PM me in private if its easier.

Kind Regards

Mark

June 14, 2018 at 9:10 am
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 439 points

Brilliant Idea Mark.
    As stock photos are not that easy to sell due to the pop up of free graphics on pixabay and Upsplash. It would probably be helpful to have features for both selling stock photos/graphics and illustrations as well as offering them free with an option to make a donation to the photographer/creator, meaning (user site member) The Site owner takes a commission or profits from a yearly membership. Pixabay is a marketplace where anybody can upload free, and there is probably a function enabled where pixabay has a cut of any donations made to the uploaded.

I know that with Pixabay users cannot upload duplicate images found elsewhere on the net so there must be some kind of A.I scanner going on in the background. Also other members can and do vote on the quality of the upload, and if approved by voters with points, the uploaded photo or graphic gets passed and is published in the library. This is how pixabay works to maintain quality stock and avoid duplicate uploads.

I sometimes get stock photos from Pixabay when I don’t have suitable photos myself and it’s not viable to spend hours creating Photoshop graphics for projects on a tight budget.

A stock photo/graphics Theme would be very popular and useful with the right functionality to be competitive in the market making it worthwhile for site owners to develop, It would need to offer many options to monetize it. And Stripe gateway is a must for this type of thing. All round It is a brilliant Idea Mark.

July 6, 2018 at 4:57 am
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,408 points

Thanks for the great feedback Liz :)

July 6, 2018 at 7:13 am
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team