an
groups-icon

Sort Listings by Farm Products

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Laura Nielsen
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi everyone!

I would like to list local farms on my directory. I thought it would be useful to “tag” each of the farms with their products (e.g. raspberries, blueberries, etc.). These tags when clicked would show other farms that offer these products.

As well, I want to make it easy in the advanced search for users to find farms with the products they are looking for. So – I’d like to have a drop down of available products that the user can select from.

My first thought was to create a taxonomy. So, I created one named products.The problem with this is when the user creates a listing, they can only add one item from a drop down menu — which doesn’t work since a farmer typically offers multiple products. I could, however, from the admin side, check off multiple products to add to that listing.

It’s almost like I need a “Keyword” field, where a farmer could list off multiple products separated by commas. These products could then populate a drop down in the advanced search.

So – I was thinking of repurposing the keyword field to do just that. However, I have two listing types. One for farmers, one for non-farmers. I don’t really want the non-farmers to be populating this field with their product offerings..

Anyway, any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Laura

July 9, 2014 at 4:34 pm
  • Marcelo Ferman
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    September 15, 2014 at 3:07 am
  • Laura Nielsen
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    September 18, 2014 at 11:17 pm
  • Clive Boosey
    -1 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    September 18, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Views

Replies