So…This is Why It's Important to Have a Good Host…

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion So…This is Why It's Important to Have a Good Host…

So…This is Why It's Important to Have a Good Host…

November 4, 2017
JESSE JESSE
  • JESSE
    JESSE
    Newbie 28 points

My site fell on itself on GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting and I didn’t know about it for 5 days. Now Google is punishing me. Switched to Amazon. Much better.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 4, 2017 at 12:12 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 912 points

Yah, that’s harsh.

You’re right, people should be as serious about their hosting as they are about their business.

Hope the recovery is relatively quick!

November 5, 2017 at 3:35 am
  • Chuck
    Chuck
    Newbie 70 points

Why does Google care what web host you use?

December 4, 2017 at 12:26 pm
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points

@ Chuck, Google doesn’t care who hosts a website!

It all depends on the content of the site as to if google decides to index it.
    Or promote it in search results at all. If it contains questionable or malicious content or if it breaches any privacy laws, It’s basically cactus by today’s standards.

Judging by the response today 24th Dec 2017, when clicking on a direct link,
    this is what a visitor sees and gets when trying to go to the site.

It has nothing to do with who is hosting the site!

See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 24, 2017 at 10:08 am
  • JESSE
    JESSE
    Newbie 28 points

@Liz – thanks for posting the screenshot. Looks like I still have some https links I need to deal with!

December 26, 2017 at 4:17 pm
  • Jason
    Jason
    Guru 833 points

Https Validation / Mixed Content from CSS

The plugin does alot, but the GOOGLE thing needs to be changed, and changed again every update. Make notes of what you do and ALWAYS keep them in safe place

Keeping notes stops a lot of headaches later on.

Also read forums, as much as you can, its like reading a book at any time, just pick a page or two from the forum.

If your going to use these themes, you gotta be switched on, there are bugs that I was hoping would get fixed in last 3 updates that never did for example the BACKSLASH appearing in places it shouldn’t..

Ive even tried to communicate with the Owner Mark fail, thats not fun, its like he doesnt really care, yet wasting money on support all the time when if the themes didnt have so many faults in them he could be saving lots more money and showing a bit more response from himself

Anyways take care

December 26, 2017 at 8:56 pm

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points

Posted 29/12/17
    @Jason, yes I hope the Google thing is fixed – it only needs an “s” adding! Hopefully for this nest release Mark will give us a Beta version and somewhere where we can report bugs so they can be fixed before full release.

Just to add to what Liz says – she is right when she says Google doesn’t care about who your host is but if Google visits your site to index it and it’s down, showing errors, or loading very slowly you will suffer, especially if the problem persists.
    If you have a website that is live and you are serious about it then I’d definitely advise to choose you host carefully. Reliablility is obviously a must but good customer/technical support is just as important.

December 29, 2017 at 10:09 am
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team