Site design and development – Child themes

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Site design and development – Child themes

Site design and development – Child themes

July 2, 2013
Stojan Stojan
  • Stojan
    Stojan
    Newbie 4 points

Hi everyone,

I would first like to say the new forum layout and site looks good, well done Mark!

Ok. I need some good solid advice and help from everybody.

I have a site which I wish to design and develop. I want a fresh new look and custom design though, one which I will be able to easily update when the time comes, and not have to have the website offline for any reason, once it’s up, if i want to give it a new fresh look down the track, I should be able to do it quite easily.

How do i go about first developing the site, and then design the look of the site, or vice versa?

Do i develop using Child themes, hooks, filters, etc? Do i need to know PHP programming? Is it really hard to code PHP, and what would i need PHP for?
    I have a whole heap of items in terms of functionality and ideas which i would like to incorporate and integrate into the website.

Where do i begin, can someone give me a brief run down? I have had a look at some of the tutorials but still, where do i design it, Dreamweaver, or directly on the WordPress/Directory press controls/settings/theme site somehow?

What is the whole process of design and development of the DirectoryPress website broken down into steps?

Thanks so much to anyone who can give me some insight and I will greatly appreciate it!

Stoly

July 2, 2013 at 5:31 am
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

:) expect an answer real soon.

I can feel something coming.

I hope Mark restores all the previous posts.

July 2, 2013 at 5:42 am
  • Stojan
    Stojan
    Newbie 4 points

lol thanks David! :)

Still i need a rundown, I’m all a little bit everywhere in deciding how to go about designing and developing a Directory Press site from scratch.

July 2, 2013 at 5:45 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,529 points

Hi Stojan

Apologises for the site of the site atm, working day and night to restore everything i can.

In the meanwhile you can use the videos here;

http://www.premiumpress.com/wordpress-child-themes/

or submit a job here

http://jobs.premiumpress.com

July 2, 2013 at 5:53 am
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team