Show or Share All Videos from a Member?

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Video Theme Show or Share All Videos from a Member?

Show or Share All Videos from a Member?

February 18, 2017
Anthony Anthony
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 304 points

We have installed an started creating this video theme…however are we wrong?

Does this theme not offer the ability to share or show ALL videos from the same user?

In other words, can we not use a query or allow a RELATED option to share a list of ONLY videos from a certain member? Is it not possible to have the members page show only their videos?

e.g. a channel? Very confused.

February 18, 2017 at 12:40 am
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 304 points

Any idea here anyone? The video theme does not allow ALL videos from one member to be found on their own public “member page” like MT, DT, etc?

Is there no way for the members to share all their videos other than cut and pasting the my listing link to emails? Spent all last week and this weekend building this site only to learn that now. LOL

Help – any thoughts? :–)

February 21, 2017 at 12:15 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Anthony,
    Please provide a screenshot of the section you are referring to

February 21, 2017 at 1:00 pm
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 304 points

Section? Thanks Josh but…let me explain further – most all themes offer the member a listing page to share their service, product, etc. The video theme does not do this? The only way for a user / member of this theme to share ALL their videos is to email their my listing link?

Is there not way to allow all their videos to be shown, shared or seen within one master listing type page? e.g. like a listing page in other themes? Even the RELATED short-code shows random videos.

I hope we are not limited to creating categories for every member so users can click them from a list category to see all their videos in search results. Very limited and amateur looking for us in their eyes… :–(.

Any thoughts Josh?

February 21, 2017 at 3:36 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

You mentioned above that the option is available in DT.Please provide a screenshot of the section in DT

February 21, 2017 at 3:55 pm
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 304 points

Thanks Josh. You must understand what we are saying being you are the guru. :–) Does the video theme not offer members their own LISTING page to share ALL their videos?
    How is this confusing my friend?

Still not sure why you need a screen shot…Every theme offers a listing owner page. e.g. http://www.unitedvoicetalent.com/listing/kurtis-clay/

Thus how does a member share all their videos in the video theme without a listing page?

February 21, 2017 at 4:25 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Anthony a screenshot will assist me provide better and quick support.It only takes a few seconds to take a screenshot and send
    In the Members click on the ‘This user has published # listings.’ to view listings by the user.You can then copy the url and share (http://examplesite.com/?s=&uid=1)

February 21, 2017 at 5:06 pm
  • Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 304 points

Thanks Josh as always sir. Opened a ticket for this one. Yet we are now guessing the answer is NO having spent 3 days looking into this…

* Users can only share their listing(s) by personal email sending the “my listing links” url via email.

Very odd design not to let members whom upload videos, have a page to showcase all their shared videos. Defeats the whole purpose of a channel or video theme. :–)

February 22, 2017 at 1:20 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

You’re welcome Anthony :)

February 22, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team