Shop Child Theme Install Fails Under WordPress Version 4.7.1

• Kevin

2 points

I have installed Shop theme with no issue. However, child theme fails with ‘Theme Contains No Files’. I have copied files via SFTP and attempted to activate. However, ‘Activate Child Theme’ is not available and any other option to activate child theme fails.

I do see the error message below under normal themes page:

Style 4 – Shop Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “SP” parent theme.

As I explained earlier Shop Theme is installed and working fine.

Thanks.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Kevin,
    There is an issue with wordpress when installing child themes.After getting the error please go back to Appearance >Themes and check if the child theme has already been installed.
    If not installed you can install it manually:
    -Access the the folder wp-content >themes located in your server/host (you can access the folder from your cpanel/host login section >file manager.You can also access the folder via ftp)
    -Download the child theme zipped file >>http://childthemes.premiumpress.com/
    -Unzip and upload the child theme at wp-content >theme (or upload then unzip)
    -Go to Appearance >Themes >Activate child theme

Kevin

2 points

Josh,

Thanks for the response.The child theme folder and content is loaded. However, when I go to Appearance, the only option is ‘Child Themes’ and then ‘Install or Preview’. There is no option to activate the child theme. Choosing to install or preview/install both fail.

Thanks. Kevin

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Kevin,
    Have you installed the Parent Theme?Please send me your login details so I can check this for you >>joshnjengak@gmail.com

Kevin

2 points

Josh,

I sent the login details over. Thanks for taking a look at the issue.

Kevin

Robert

1 points

Hi when i try and install from preview i get this message.. Installation failed: The package could not be installed. The theme contains no files.

when i go and check in appearance i find i get .. this Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete.

Name Description
    Shop Blue – PremiumPress Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “SP” parent theme. Delete Install Parent Theme
    HEALTH SHOP – PremiumPress Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “SP” parent theme. Delete Install Parent Theme.

any ideas please. ive tried installing i wp_content /themes but unsure exactly where to upload files. regards robert

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Robert,
    Please see attached image on where you should upload the child theme in the folder wp_content >themes

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.