Separate pages for each listing category

• MD Salahuddin
    MD Salahuddin

48 points

Is there any shortcode to display products from any one category in static pages. I am trying to create unique pages for all the listing categories. instead of search or make model. I want to create a static page for lets say cartegory1. where when clicked all or first few listing from category1 will show up. while keeping the site listing display layout.

Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,208 points

im afraid not, we dont have any such shortcodes.

Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru

1,606 points

You have to decide if your menu is composed of pages or categories and a mix of both. You manually create pages and you add them in menu as you see it fit.
    Will it accomplish what you look for? May be..

MD Salahuddin
    MD Salahuddin

48 points

@ Malgorzata there is no list of categories on the WP menu section. It only has blog post categories but I need listing categories.(right?). Also if I create static pages then I need to do something there so that the page shows listing from specific category. any help would be appreciated. As I used to have another theme on my site and that theme had this options, I don’t want to loose these pages. However, for this theme I think mark has got the point as I don’t see any option as well.

Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru

2,699 points

If I’m correct you may able to look in dashboard > listing manager to find categories. Create a page in dashboard pages and you can add that page as a static page in dashboard > Settings > Reading. I hope this is what you’re looking for!

Regards,

Michael
    Michael

83 points

To show the listing categories available on the menu page, choose screen options in the top left, and select them in the “Show on Screen” section. I’m not sure what it is called in your theme particularly, but in the Coupon Theme it is listed as a second “Categories” option for some reason.

Muhammad Ammad
    Muhammad Ammad

108 points

MD Salahuddin there is not any option available in this theme is you need these option then you may may try taxonomy plugin or use custom coding i am also looking exactly for these option and i hire a freelancer but the problem is that after updating this theme we lose our custom codes

Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru

1,606 points

I have Directory Press 6.57. The screen option on top right corner of the Menu page has categories listed twice (1 apply to a blog, the other to site categories and there is an option to put pages in menu as well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

MD Salahuddin
    MD Salahuddin

48 points

Wowwwwwwwww Malgorzata that drop down in the menu completely slipped my mind. That solves the problem. thanks so much

Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru

1,606 points

:)

Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru

2,699 points

@ Malgorzata, Thanks for sharing, seems like the new theme got you busy, we hardly see you like before :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.