Responsive Themes: Built-in Affiliate Program / or Plugin options?

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Auction Theme Responsive Themes: Built-in Affiliate Program / or Plugin options?

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Responsive Themes: Built-in Affiliate Program / or Plugin options?

November 14, 2013
Richard Richard
  • Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 48 points

Hi. This is my 1st post after just recently purchasing PP Responsive Auction Theme. I was impressed and excited to see that ‘sales’ & tracking performance was builtin to the framework. I just had to switch from another theme service provider thats not worth mentioning about. Looks like Mark/PP crew have a much better product offering and give quality customer service (…’miles’ ahead of their competitor).

My questioned is: I noticed Mark/PremiumPress offers an easy affiliate program to people interested in promoting PP themes. I’m interested in offering an affiliate program to my website users that want to drive sales to my site (rev/share). Does my new PP Responsive Auction Theme have a built in affiliate program I can activate? Or can anyone recommend a plugin? Looking for a solution that wont conflict with PP themes. Thank you very much.

RJ

I did read this post but its been a few months. Any updates would be great :)
    http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/affiliate-plugin-for-sales/

November 14, 2013 at 3:50 am
  • Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 48 points

Bump..Please does anyone have any information on setting up an affiliate solution for PremiumPress Themes (AT)? Whats the best option for offering affiliate partners? I’m new to PP and want to be able to offer an affiliate program..I want to avoid any conflicts with PP. Thanks

Avangate?
    iDevAffiliate? :roll:

November 19, 2013 at 6:11 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

its a nice idea but i wouldnt want to go down the line of building affiliate systems, it would take too much away from the core development.

I suggest looking for a third party script as there are many out there.

November 29, 2013 at 5:00 pm
  • Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 48 points

@Mark understood. Thansk for getting back on this. Any 3rd party solution you recommend working smooth with AuctionTheme? Thanks 😉

November 30, 2013 at 9:24 am
  • Dave
    Dave
    Newbie 63 points

I have spent a lot of time looking for a plugin of this nature but can’t find any that integrate into Premium Press themes to date, I think Richard will be our best bet.

December 11, 2013 at 11:14 pm
  • Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 48 points

@Dave thxs for the update. I’ve also been searching ‘affiliate program’ options for PremiumPress themes (Responsive Auction theme). What doesn’t make sense to me is that Mark said:

..its a nice idea but i wouldnt want to go down the line of building affiliate systems, it would take too much away from the core development.

Isn’t PP is using Avangate as part of their core ‘marketing & sales’ strategy? How come not add Avangate to PP core as a premium feature for us to activate. I’d pay for it. Maybe PP could also get rev-share from this bundle package. http://www.premiumpress.com/affiliatehelp/

..I suggest looking for a third party script as there are many out there.

If PP doesn’t want to offer a built in solution please recommend the best ‘affiliate plugin’ that will work seamless with PP? Avangate, iDevAffiliate, or…? I don;t want to start spending money purchasing plugins that will not work with PP. Thxs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 12, 2013 at 1:04 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

iv never had the need to use one and most of them are paid so there isnt anyway to test.

December 12, 2013 at 7:28 pm
  • Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 48 points

Thanks Mark.

December 13, 2013 at 2:59 am
  • Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 3 points

Hi Richard,
    I wonder if you found a third party script that worked with your PP theme?
    I am presently looking for a similar solution and got some encouraging response from itthinx developers. But I would like to hear from you and other WP/PP users before making a decision.

March 24, 2014 at 1:32 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

I did some integration for the earlier non-resposnive PremiumPress themes, so if I get some time, I might look into making some plugin for the Responsive Themes too.

Kind regards,

Richard
    PremiumPress customisation services and Website Design
    Selection of PremiumPress Child Themes

March 24, 2014 at 1:58 pm
  • Richard
    Richard
    Newbie 3 points

Good to hear that! Can’t wait to have a solution to it! Being this a very powerful tool for sales, it never crossed my mind that they wouldn’t have thought about an Add On to help us paying commission to our agents… I found one that seems to solve my problem, but I am not sure if it will integrate easily:

March 24, 2014 at 5:09 pm
  • Erik
    Erik
    Newbie 18 points

Hello Folks,
    I am using the directory theme and have integrated PPress and two other services to make a functional affiliate program. Scouring the net for a week and trying demo’s, admin areas, trials, etc. paid off.

1. The PP Directory Theme
    Use the plugin. Insert the SID from 2Checkout
    2. 2Checkout Payments
    At 2CO, enter the affiliate code provided by iDev
    3. iDevAffiliate
    Install it onto your server (Have to have your own hosting account), set it up with more settings/options than you can think of and believe it or not. it worked the first beta test through. WooHoo!

And yes, I am an affiliate of iDev because they provided a solution. You can run different programs on different sites with this too. It’s not limited to one site.

Anyway. There you go!

http://www.idevdirect.com/

April 5, 2014 at 5:25 am
  • Abiodun
    Abiodun
    Newbie 3 points

Hello guys? So what is the way forward in order to install an affliate program

@Mark, i presume this is something that can be integrated into the themes instead of looking for a third party.

Back to my question, What is the best affliate program that can be installed

@Richard have you tried any?

April 9, 2014 at 11:45 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Abiodun, third party is the way to go, i dont have the time or resources to build a fully functionality affiliate application as part of the theme setup.

You dont need one that integrates into our theme, a standlone one would be fine im sure.

April 9, 2014 at 12:12 pm
  • Ian
    Ian
    Newbie 35 points

Hi Erik / Mark Fail,

I am also using Idevaffiliate.

I am trying to find which pages / files I need to edit to add my idev affiliate code

Can you point me in the right direction if possible please?

February 3, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team