Responsive Auction

Responsive Auction

September 3, 2013
Nathan Nathan
  • Nathan
    Nathan
    Newbie 8 points

I am all for upgrading to the responsive auction but a few questions come to mind.

-What happened to “make offer” function or “Buy Now only”?
    -One of the features listed for this theme is that you can take a % of sales. I can’t find that option in the demo.

Mark…when will we see more of a storefront presentation for users? I don’t understand why we can’t easily put additional fields in the user profile that is displayed publicly.

THanks

September 3, 2013 at 2:11 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Newbie 2 points

I am also a bit disappointed Nathan. A large amount of the functionality that I used has now gone.

September 3, 2013 at 4:10 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,522 points

buy it now is still there, make an offer will be in one of the upcoming updates.

author options will also be part of an futher update, the theme works from the new framework so alot of options are upcoming as the framework needs testing for each.

September 3, 2013 at 6:14 am
  • Nathan
    Nathan
    Newbie 8 points

Thanks Mark. I understand a lot of work goes into this and will upgrade to get a test site going.

What about the % of sale? Is that going to be an update too?

Thanks

September 4, 2013 at 1:28 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,522 points

hi Nathan

All payments in the new theme are sent to the admin (you) after which you then distribute the monies to the user who can then withdraw them. (you send the money to them)

This is the point where you can take your %%.

this is added in 4.6

September 4, 2013 at 5:52 am
  • James
    James
    Senior Member 198 points

Hi Mark,

You said “buy it now is still there” however this feature is present when listing a new item and I’ve filled it in with a buy now price but it does not show up on the auction listing, only a Bid button?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 4, 2013 at 10:51 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,522 points

please install 4.6

September 5, 2013 at 12:00 am
  • James
    James
    Senior Member 198 points

Thanks Mark that fixed that! :)

September 5, 2013 at 12:27 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,522 points

:)

September 5, 2013 at 12:53 am
  • James
    James
    Senior Member 198 points

Hi Mark,

Am I reading this right? You stated above…

“All payments in the new theme are sent to the admin (you) after which you then distribute the monies to the user who can then withdraw them. (you send the money to them)”

So does this mean when the buyer uses the payment button the payment is sent to me then I need to disperse the payment to the seller minus my %? How does the seller request the payment? Is there a way to test this?

Sounds like a great idea but I’m seeing a few issues with this…

1. Seems like this would create a whole lot of extra work dispersing payments etc…

2. What about those of us in the US with the taxes? Paypal reports to the IRS https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render_content&content_ID=marketing_us/IRS6050W if i’m holding onto thousands of buyers money for successful auctions I believe PayPal would report it, yet I would only really be receiving a small percentage of that money. (example: I’m holding $50,000 in buyers money but out of that 50,000 only $1,000 is really going to me and PayPal reports to the IRS $50,000)

3. PayPal in known to freeze accounts at their discretion, (I’ve read some horror stories) if they were to freeze an account then what? Do they refund the money back to the buyer’s or do they just freeze it up? In a case like this it could destroy a business overnight.

If I did not want to do it this way is there a way to make it so the buyer and seller conduct exchanging money on their own?

Sorry for all the questions here, but I looked around and could not find anything explaining in detail how the payment after auction works between the buyer and seller and I’m just a bit confused.

Thanks

September 5, 2013 at 2:23 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,522 points

Hi James

Its a fair point, what ill do is add in additional options so the seller can enter their paypal email address and payments can be sent to them directly.

September 5, 2013 at 2:27 am
  • James
    James
    Senior Member 198 points

Awesome thanks so much for that Mark! Would this be something coming soon?

September 5, 2013 at 2:30 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,522 points

yes, 48 hours.

September 5, 2013 at 2:31 am
  • Nathan
    Nathan
    Newbie 8 points

nice work james.

September 6, 2013 at 1:36 am
  • John
    John
    Newbie 74 points

Yes! Finally! I was also worried about all the problems James listed!

September 6, 2013 at 2:10 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team