Question on Thumbnail Plugin

• Mitchell

44 points

If the Listing has a featured image for the screenshot will the thumnail plugin get an image and use it anyway?

JamesD
    JamesD

231 points

Hello Mitchell,
    “If the Listing has a featured image for the screenshot will the thumnail plugin get an image and use it anyway?”

If I’m understanding you correctly, no.

Notes:
    The plugin will generate thumbnails for a listing if a featured image doesn’t already exist. It doesn’t add the screenshot as the featured image though.

Manually setting a featured image will cause the listing to use that image as the thumbnail.

Removing the featured image cause the plugin to re-create a thumbnail.

Differences?
    Featured image allows you to manually select an image – Used as featured image and thumbnail.

While the screenshot plugin will create an image based off of the plugin settings – Used as thumbnail.

Does this make sense?

Mitchell

44 points

Yes thank you for that answer.
    I did take the screenshots and imported as a featured image on a different thread I explained how I did it for everyone else. The question was for if I reactivate the screenshot plugin would all my work go to hell :>
    But I did decide not to use it since I will be manually approving all listings and making sure they have screenshots.
    again Thanks
    mitch

JamesD
    JamesD

231 points

If you’re interested, and have a testing environment, then you can checkout a plugin with a slightly modified version of the screenshot plugin I’ve created.

Basically, it adds the custom key field (selected by in the Screenshot settings) to the Quick Edit screen along with a couple checkboxes to set as featured image or remove as featured.

You can kick it around and see if it does as you need/expect.
    I’ll add one more image in the next post…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JamesD
    JamesD

231 points

Let me know if you’re interested via customphix [at] gmail [dot] com and I’ll get it to you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mitchell

44 points

Will Do I don’t have a testing environment now . But if you need it tested I can set one up and test for you

JamesD
    JamesD

231 points

At the moment I personally don’t have a use for it. But have seen various reasons for the need.

I have various test environments and have done minimal testing.

I put it together for you and/or anyone else that feel they could benefit from it and possibly relieve some headaches.

It’s up to you, either way it’s all good.

Just trying to help others when I can. :-)

JamesD
    JamesD

231 points

Here’s a short screencast (no audio) of it:
    Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Eu1H9549YyHv

Mitchell

44 points

Looks excellent wish I had it 4 days ago :>
    I will hold off for now but if I do another directory that need screenshot I will definitely look you up
    thank you so much
    Mitch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.