problem setting location for imported listings

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Dating Theme problem setting location for imported listings

problem setting location for imported listings

June 20, 2018
Joshua Joshua
  • Joshua
    Joshua
    Newbie 15 points

I’m ready to launch my site and need to import a huge list of users who are on our waiting list. Each user has a location. When importing using a CSV, all other data is importing just fine, however all map data imports – but doesn’t actually assign the Map Location. If I log into the admin area and set the Map Location manually for a user it works.

Is there a way to set the Map Location without having to click through for each user? I have 1500 of these!

Thanks,

June 20, 2018 at 5:47 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,504 points

hi Joshua,

each map must have the pointer which is trigger only to the actual map field either the Add Listing Location from the frond end or the Map location field from the backend.

When you import the csv, you only import the location but the map was not actually set since it will need to be triggered manually for the pin or pointer to create the correct location of the map to display the map.

I hope you get my point.

June 25, 2018 at 4:16 am
  • Joshua
    Joshua
    Newbie 15 points

Thanks Marie. I have found a solution that works well. On another post in this forum a user attached a Coordinates plugin. It works like a dream!

July 5, 2018 at 11:01 pm
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team