PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

WordPress Business Themes Forums Plugins – Share & Recommend Responsive Framework Plugins PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

July 24, 2013
Mark Fail Mark Fail
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

@Gabriel, try the live chat below this page and see if they can give you a quick answer to your Q. I never use this plugin before but from what I read in the post it seems to work only customs jobs may not cross over.

Regards,

June 30, 2014 at 4:07 pm
  • Michael
    Michael
    Newbie 5 points

Can this plugin be delelted once the transfer is complete? Or is there some funcionality that continues?

July 15, 2014 at 12:33 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

So besides my issue with double menus in the mobile, I have decided to go ahead and migrate everything over from 7.1.4 to 6.6.1 tonight.

loaded 6.6.1, turned permalinks to default then used transfer plugin and then turned permalinks back to postname after the plugin finished with no errors.

All seems well but I have a couple of questions:

Images, I know everyone said to save your images and I did, but it appears that all my images migrated over to the uploads folder and they are still in my 7.1.5 thumbs folder as well. However none of the images are displaying in my listings, although they are listed in the “custom fields” – “image” and “images” on the backend – they just don’t display on the front end. I have checked and the images are indeed in my uploads folder (and still in the thumbs as well) – What settings am I missing as I hope I don’t have to load all of them again.

They do however show on my search pages?

Custom Fields – I am confused about what is happening. on existing listings I see my custom field names but no information is seen nor can I edit them? when I create a new listing they appear with an asterick next to them as well but I cannot modify.

They do show up on my listings though when you view them from the frontend.

Also I noticed in the Listing setup that the fields are not there and when I tried to create the fields it says that I need to use a unique name so they must be there?

Advanced Search – I have a taxonomy setup in my advanced search “Property Type”, and when you select one it works, but there is no way to reset it to do another search other than going back or in my case going to my home page to refresh the widget anyone else see this behaviour?

Thanks for any input as overall the migration went pretty well

for reference my site is – http://www.cantrellmorgan.com

August 11, 2014 at 3:29 am
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

@Jeffrey; I liked your site before, but this one -> is great. Not sure if you have fixed everything you have just mentioned. Seems most things are working. Congrats!

August 11, 2014 at 4:11 am
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

Thanks Malgorzata, but none of my images are showing in my listings – the links are all messed up – the images are in the uploads folders though. Also really need some clarification on the custom fields as my existing are there but unusable for new listings?

it seems that the update to 6.6.2 brought some of my images back but not all and in the backend I see no way to edit the gallery, there is no option in my setup?

When I copy the url of the Main image and I believe I also have the main image in the gallery I get the following path
    “http://www.cantrellmorgan.com/wp-content/themes/realtorpress/thumbs//”

actually after looking at the photos that do appear now the paths are to the old thumbs directory, I thought they were to suppose to migrated out of the thumbs to the uploads directory.

Should I start a support ticket?

August 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

I use a plugin that transfers images from upload folder easily. It has been painful experience with thumbs and upload folders after change to responsive. I also optimize all images to speed them up.
    Try this plugin to move your images to Media library: Add From Server (by Dion Hulse), it is a free plugin and very quick.

August 11, 2014 at 2:02 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

That’s just it Malgorzata, the images all did migrate, but the paths are incorrect in my database?

August 11, 2014 at 2:07 pm
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

You need to check if there are any files in this upload folder. There were not in mine. By access from cpanel on my hosting, I did copy all thumb folder images and copied them to upload folder. Than the plugin picked them up from upload to media library.

August 11, 2014 at 2:44 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

All my files are in the upload folder. As I stated before.

August 11, 2014 at 2:45 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

Just as a follow up I have some answers to my questions above:

Custom Fields: per Mark

“2. the best thing todo with custom fields is remove theme all (use the tools section) then re-add them. Doing so will not remove them from the listings it’ll simply refresh the display side of things.

Make sure when you re-add them the database key is the same.”

Advanced Search: This was a configuration error on my part in the search settings for my Taxonomy, I mistakenly chose it to be “Linked” when it should not have.

Mark and Alex are working on my image issues now.

August 12, 2014 at 1:42 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

Update: solution to my images. They weren’t missing but there was actually a slight conversion problem with my transfer using the plugin that added a “,” after my last image in the database.

Once that comma was removed so was the phantom missing image from my listings. Thanks to Alex and Mark for the help.

August 12, 2014 at 7:32 pm
  • Justin
    Justin
    Newbie 29 points

hi , Apologies I’m sure this has been written , but is there a step by step guide or video for changing from non-responsive to responsive?

September 7, 2014 at 10:47 pm
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia
    Newbie 78 points

how do I use import tool?? I forgot!

September 18, 2014 at 3:29 pm

• Brett
    Newbie 4 points

where is the actual plug in for this – all I see is questions an answers but no plug in download

December 6, 2014 at 5:39 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

@Brett all plugins offered by PremiumPress can be downloaded from here >>http://www.premiumpress.com/plugins/ which plugin do you need?

December 6, 2014 at 5:55 am
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 138 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team