an
groups-icon

Password Strength

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Spenser King
    0 points
    Beginner

I would like to use the integrated password reset functionality built into the directory theme that allows users to change their passwords. However, I would like to integrate minimum password complexity requirements (e.g., minimum number of characters and requirements for the use of numbers and special character types). I would be content to simply require a minimum number of characters.

I am aware of the existing workarounds such as not allowing users to create their own passwords or allowing users to use social media authentication credentials. However, I would prefer to allow users to set their own passwords using the preexisting password reset fields that are already integrated into the theme in the “My Account” area. I have also used membership plugins that have password complexity requirements, but would prefer to move away from that direction.

This obviously requires coding or the use of a plugin. Does anyone think that this is feasible or have any suggestions about where to start?

February 24, 2018 at 4:40 pm
  • James D
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    February 24, 2018 at 7:24 pm
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 26, 2018 at 8:23 am
  • Spenser King
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 9, 2018 at 4:29 am
  • Horacio Ramos
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 23, 2018 at 2:43 pm
  • Spenser King
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 25, 2018 at 2:18 am

Views

Replies