Orders Not Showing and No E-mails

• Matthew

3 points

So in Orders Manager Overview, we get a sale and the money is processed by paypal and everything is fine but the overview does not show the order. And to make it worse i receive no confirmation i have a new order and the customer does not receive a confirmed e-mail on their purchase.
    The only way to tell if we have new orders is for me to log in to Paypal and check.
    In effect the shop theme is broken.

Running version
    Version 8.9.4

Alex Morgan from customer support did fix the e-mails but it started sending two of every mail, and worked for a week now its not working at all again.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,775 points

Hello Matthew,
    Have you tried updating to the latest version of the theme ie version 8.9.6

Matthew

7 points

Have updated to latest version 8.9.6 and still having the same issues. Test call back works fine and i get 2x mails. When a order goes through no e-mail sent to customer and no e-mails sent to myself letting me know a new order has come through. All e-mail tests work fine in the Email Management page.

Matthew

7 points

Oh forgot to add no orders show up in the Order Manager Page either.

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

630 points

Im interested in knowing this also

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,775 points

Hello Matthew,
    I think you should open a ticket >>http://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Matthew

7 points

Ticket – #ZEG-436-91552

Matthew

7 points

Ticket closed with answer – It seems to show fine on your order manager.

More bugs i didn’t notice before –

– My Cart link on menu bar, just reloads page. Does not go to Cart or checkout
    – breadcrumbs Dashboard / Notifications does not work
    – Register new account for site > not receiving email for “Check your e-mail for the confirmation link.” (advised to use smtp plugin, installed and still the same, test mail fires off fine but do not receive mails from register account)
    – I doubt new orders will show up in orders manager or e-mails will fire on new orders.

New ticket – #ZEG-436-91552

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

630 points

Josh, Is this an issue getting fixed, I dont want to use shop theme yet if bugs happening ?

Or is this just a one off issue on someones theme

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

630 points

The theme is using PHP mail, how can we make SMTP mail so its more reliable to go into inbox not junk mail ?

Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru

1,085 points

Hi,

Please use SMTP plugin from wordpress to use SMTP on your emails.

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

630 points

Yes but which one as they DONT ALL WORK

Matthew

7 points

I tried a few smtp plugins and none seem to work – error was always the same “cant connect etc etc. So i went with one called “WP-Mail-SMTP” same thing again could not connect. So i tried again with PHP mail() function option and the nice thing about this plugin it shows you the full debugging output log.
    So right at the bottom i had a connection error but with some extra information i worked out that the server we are on was blocking php scripts from sending mails.

If you have access to WHM (if you don’t you’ll have to ask your hosting provider) you need to go into Home »Server Configuration »Tweak Settings >> Mail
    And look for the option “Prevent “nobody” from sending mail [?]” and turn it off.

This prevents php scripts which run under “nobody” user.

Hope this helps.

Next issue – order confirmations being sent 2-3 times to clients :(

Russ
    Russ

14 points

did this get sorted as i’m having the same problem! Only some orders appear and some dont

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.