Orders Not Being recorded

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Shop Theme Orders Not Being recorded

Orders Not Being recorded

October 22, 2017
Mike Mike
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

http://smoked-garlic.com

Orders can be processed correct via paypal.

But the completed order is not being recorded.

any clues?

October 22, 2017 at 10:50 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Mike,
    Please make sure you have linked your Callback page correctly under Theme Setup >Page & Button Links

October 23, 2017 at 3:12 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

Hello

Yes the Callback page works, a test was correctly done.

We have just discovered that we need to add our API credentials from paypal into the back end of the cart.

We cant see where to do this.

How do we do this please?

October 23, 2017 at 4:01 pm

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

post answer if you get it please

:)

October 24, 2017 at 3:29 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

at the moment we are stuck between three stools.

PP say we dont need an API for the basic paypal just an email and that we are experiencing an error 403 for POSTS on our Callback page

Paypal saying we need to integrate our merchant API into the Shopping Cart

Our hosts (who are generally excellent) saying – they are getting a 200 response from the callback page

Paypal still does not work at the time of writing. But the orders are being written to Paypal successfully – it is simply not writing the successful order back to the Shop.

When we test transactions – the payment is completed just fine. The order is recorded on Paypal.

We can then click to return to the merchants site and get the “Thankyou for your order” ????

But nothing is recorded.

We had made no changes to the cart – so who knows at this stage.

of course I will post our resolution….when my hair falls out.

October 24, 2017 at 10:12 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Mike,
    Please send in a ticket so we can take a closer look at the issue >>http://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

October 24, 2017 at 12:02 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

Josh

Please check the ticket:

[#LLE-883-26336]: Paypal

let me know if you need more

October 24, 2017 at 12:28 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

Update:

We checked that our Ebay store connects just fine using the Paypal email alone and orders are pinged back to eBay with no problem.

At this stage it sounds like the shopping cart is the issue or our hosting set up???

Not least because all our shopping cart installations started experiencing the same issue at the same time.experiencing the same issue.

will update when we know more.

October 24, 2017 at 1:07 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

update:

PP says: callback page is not taking POST requests.

We test that and POST requests are just fine on the callback page

When we do an admin test callback – the ordering works fine.

The problem remains that Users orders do not work correctly.

so the admin section works – but the live site does not.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 25, 2017 at 7:04 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

update:

did further tests on several of our Shopping Themes, which have all started experiencing issues with PayPal.

Admin test transactions work and callback correctly

live 3rd party transactions do not work on callback- but the order gets written to PayPal OK

October 25, 2017 at 6:40 pm

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

Thanks for posting updates…your hair our yet?..lol..just think how good we will be after a year of this..lol..but thanks for keeping things up to date! :)

October 26, 2017 at 5:23 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

Update: Who Dunnit? – WP-Spamshield

Problem resolved – here’s how [I think]:

PP – patiently looked at the issue over a period of a week examining the callback page. They discovered that the Callback page was being blocked for POST requests – as is required in the callback process from Paypal transactions and showed me samples.

Hosts: our hosts turned on and off the my server’s firewall and security temporarily to test whether that was blocking callback. The issue persisted.

Paypal: Paypal were generally clueless and gave as many varied suggestions as questions posed. Passed me on to their tech support section and I am awaiting a response and old age.

At the last gasp…..my hosts then discovered that a plugin: WP Spamshield – when de-activated allowed the callback to work.

Damn! I thought.

This plugin is a fantastic piece of kit and has reduced the nightmare of SPAM to zero on all sites we have applied it to.

So I began experimenting with settings on the plugin. Then test this against the POST request test on:

https://www.hurl.it/

Essentially – I switched off all registration anti-spam protection settings. Its not precise but see attached for the settings I have chosen.Will monitor spam and report back.

Lo!

the cart worked again.

If anyone has any questions about this – lemme know!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 27, 2017 at 7:53 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Thanks for sharing Mike :)
    Being a Titan in the forum I assumed you are aware first thing when you experience an error is to disable plugins

October 27, 2017 at 12:56 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 775 points

Fair point ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had disabled the plugins as a start point – but forgot to flush the cache.

So to all intents the issue persisted.

nonetheless – fair point!

October 27, 2017 at 3:42 pm

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

I’m so glad you figured it out….Ive been there..spend days only to realize it was one simple thing…and when ya started mentioning the plugin I went oops..lol…cuz ya… we are “supposed” to disable all…I don’t use plugins myself..at least not yet..I try to do things without them…I find some are great and some are headaches like you just went through..But Thank You for keeping the plight up to date..it helps all of us..and support is the Greatest!! here..Cheers

October 27, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team