Newbie – Just want to get Comparison site functioning

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Comparison Theme Newbie – Just want to get Comparison site functioning

Newbie – Just want to get Comparison site functioning

July 24, 2017
ANDREW ANDREW
  • ANDREW
    ANDREW
    Newbie 3 points

Hi…I’ve been trying, unsuccessfully, to setup two dummy users (where does store fit in?) and add two products with identical titles in order to view a comparison.

When I add 2 products with ‘Type: Listing manager’ I can search the site and get 2 results but only the descriptions are shown with no pricing/store details.

If I add them with ‘Type: Compared Products’ they don”t appear in search results at all.

Am I supposed to somehow link products to Compared Products (in which case why is there a price field in Compared Products?).

Thanks in advance for any help..perhaps I’ve been staring at this stuff too long!

July 24, 2017 at 2:15 am
  • ANDREW
    ANDREW
    Newbie 3 points

HI,

Still not clear about listings and compared products….Do I have to manually duplicate listings in compared products in order for the site to run a price comparison?

Surely any new listing on a Price Comparison site should automatically get compared?

Andy

July 28, 2017 at 8:45 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Andrew,
    You must add both products and compared products.You can then select Comparison Matching Options under Theme Setup >General Setup >Comparison Settings

July 31, 2017 at 2:27 pm

• Kok Fee
    Newbie 16 points

Hi Josh,

Kindly advise if I got it wrongly. To create product comparison, user must create the products in both “Listing Manager” and “Compare Products” tabs. In Theme Setup >General Setup >Comparison Settings, user must activate “Exact Title Match” if they wish to compare specific item for example compare item B with item H. My next question is, how to compare item B and item H? Can you show me the steps and screenshot if possible. Thanks.

November 22, 2017 at 7:55 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Kok,
    Please go to Theme Setup >General Setup >Comparison Settings >select Comparison Matching Options.For example if i wanted to compare items by title then I would turn on ‘Exact Title Match’ If I wanted to compare items by any other option but not title then I would turn off ‘Exact Title Match’ then select my option ‘price’ under ‘Custom Field Match’

November 22, 2017 at 12:15 pm

• Kok Fee
    Newbie 16 points

Hello Josh,

I have set accordingly but the theme is not working. Please refer to the print screen.

Screen 1 is under Theme Setup > General Setup > Comparison Setting and under custom field match, I have selected “price”.

Screen 2 is under Listing Manager and I have change the pricing to $406 for listing title “Example Product 1”.

Screen 3 is under Compared Products and I have change the pricing to $406 for compare product title “Example Compared Item 1”.

Screen 4 is the preview of listing (i.e. created under Screen 2) but the comparison section is blank.

I have tried to create custom fields and have attached all the custom fields to items created under listing and compare product but the comparison section still blank when I click one of the listing.

Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 30, 2017 at 5:49 am

• Kok Fee
    Newbie 16 points

Hello Josh,

Maybe you have overlooked my message. Hope to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

December 2, 2017 at 2:27 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Kok,
    Please send a ticket so we can take a closer look at the issue >>http://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

December 4, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team