Newbie – Just want to get Comparison site functioning

• ANDREW
    ANDREW

3 points

Hi…I’ve been trying, unsuccessfully, to setup two dummy users (where does store fit in?) and add two products with identical titles in order to view a comparison.

When I add 2 products with ‘Type: Listing manager’ I can search the site and get 2 results but only the descriptions are shown with no pricing/store details.

If I add them with ‘Type: Compared Products’ they don”t appear in search results at all.

Am I supposed to somehow link products to Compared Products (in which case why is there a price field in Compared Products?).

Thanks in advance for any help..perhaps I’ve been staring at this stuff too long!

ANDREW
    ANDREW

3 points

HI,

Still not clear about listings and compared products….Do I have to manually duplicate listings in compared products in order for the site to run a price comparison?

Surely any new listing on a Price Comparison site should automatically get compared?

Andy

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Andrew,
    You must add both products and compared products.You can then select Comparison Matching Options under Theme Setup >General Setup >Comparison Settings

Kok Fee

16 points

Hi Josh,

Kindly advise if I got it wrongly. To create product comparison, user must create the products in both “Listing Manager” and “Compare Products” tabs. In Theme Setup >General Setup >Comparison Settings, user must activate “Exact Title Match” if they wish to compare specific item for example compare item B with item H. My next question is, how to compare item B and item H? Can you show me the steps and screenshot if possible. Thanks.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Kok,
    Please go to Theme Setup >General Setup >Comparison Settings >select Comparison Matching Options.For example if i wanted to compare items by title then I would turn on ‘Exact Title Match’ If I wanted to compare items by any other option but not title then I would turn off ‘Exact Title Match’ then select my option ‘price’ under ‘Custom Field Match’

Kok Fee

16 points

Hello Josh,

I have set accordingly but the theme is not working. Please refer to the print screen.

Screen 1 is under Theme Setup > General Setup > Comparison Setting and under custom field match, I have selected “price”.

Screen 2 is under Listing Manager and I have change the pricing to $406 for listing title “Example Product 1”.

Screen 3 is under Compared Products and I have change the pricing to $406 for compare product title “Example Compared Item 1”.

Screen 4 is the preview of listing (i.e. created under Screen 2) but the comparison section is blank.

I have tried to create custom fields and have attached all the custom fields to items created under listing and compare product but the comparison section still blank when I click one of the listing.

Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kok Fee

16 points

Hello Josh,

Maybe you have overlooked my message. Hope to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Kok,
    Please send a ticket so we can take a closer look at the issue >>http://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.