New release dates

New release dates

January 30, 2018
 Engin

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

@Mark, you said you were releasing a blog post last week but so far nothing has been posted.

The information that we need and have been asking for is:
    1. Will there be a Beta release so we can preview, test and report any issues if any?
    2. What are current estimated time frames for Beta and Live releases?
    3. Will people be able to easily update their current live systems running the current version to the new version – ie. will we simply be able to update the theme or will it be more complicated?

February 12, 2018 at 8:17 am
  • Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points

Waiting for the update…

February 13, 2018 at 1:56 am

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

Yes I hope so too Kiran, it was supposed to be last week. (Todays date 14/2/18)

February 14, 2018 at 8:03 am
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 436 points

I’m again lost for words!

February 14, 2018 at 9:36 am
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 436 points

@Marie, Where is Josh?
    I haven’t noticed him on the forum for a while. What happened?
    Come to think of it, I don’t see any members at all on the forum,
    from more than 1 year ago, have they all disappeared?
    has anyone heard from Clive etc….. Who is doing support now?
    is it just you Marie?

:)

February 14, 2018 at 9:57 am

• Mitchell
    Newbie 67 points

Wow Must be having a lot of problems if its taking this long. I would be interested in testing the Beta on my Server. Really excited for a newer improved version.

February 14, 2018 at 10:08 am
  • Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points

sneak peak for the new update http://rt9.wlthemes.com/

February 14, 2018 at 10:56 am
  • Scott
    Scott
    Newbie 67 points

demo
    demo

gets you in to the sneak peak above…. (As a user)

February 14, 2018 at 12:37 pm
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 436 points

On the sneak peak blog page – blog post 4, 5 and 6 icons are out of alignment. next to Author name, you may not have noticed this Mark.

on the log into my account page, from (submit new listing button on nav)
    Pink warning block above login, needs to be deleted, completely removed, it’s not necessary as it’s duplicate info. it already says login to your account in the title below, it, users will know what to do when they see a login screen :)

February 14, 2018 at 1:09 pm

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

@Liz, maybe some members are not as patient as us!

@Mitchell – yes it would be good to test Beta but we are getting no news about when that may be.

February 14, 2018 at 1:28 pm

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

@Liz, my reply above was to your previous post.

Regarding the sneak peak, I suspect it is just a sneak peak and is still been worked on.

February 14, 2018 at 1:32 pm
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Newbie 15 points

While I understand that development takes time the complete lack of communication is beyond frustrating. Without any sort of even proposed timeline, how can we plan for updates ourselves? As of right now, all we have is a week’s old reply saying a blog post would be coming last week, and an alleged preview. Not really a lot of confidence in this process. PLEASE give some sort of idea as to what we can expect and when we can expect it.

February 20, 2018 at 3:34 pm
  • Jörg
    Jörg
    Senior Member 124 points

Hm ??

i don’t understand the discussion

As long as the current theme 8.9.7 is running! If it is only about the current design of the new version, you can create yourself.

I think if it is tested and the version is staple and without bugs then everyone has more from the theme.

February 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 436 points

@Jörg

I can’t really agree that it is an actual discussion, it’s about a lot more than design.
    Premium Press is kind enough to provide a forum where members can help each other with questions about themes, plugins, and general topics.

Long term members occasionally provide Premium press with valuable incite through venting frustrations, personal points of view, feature requests or concerns.

I guess this particular thread is more like stress relief & therapy for some!

Only those members that have patiently waited 18 months or more for updates, and longer for plugin updates would understand.

You are certainly right about your comments, 8.9.7 Themes are running fine. Communication via blog news updates from the theme developer is not!

The last post on the blog was Dec 2017 Prior to that they are sparse.
    It is now 7 days away from the last day in Feb 2018. Two weeks ago we were expecting a news update on the blog as promised and still noting by 21 Feb.

The last Theme update was Aug 2016. In May 2016 PHP7 support added.
    Mark stated updates were expected Nov 2017 (Delayed due to customer support upgrades from 2014 V6 & 7 moving to V8+).
    Mark stated updates were expected Feb 2018 (Now Delayed) Unknown.

As customers ourselves, I’m not sure how we are expected to feel or respond, other than to voice our individual concerns and hope for some news or progress reports.

Some of us including me have new projects we’d like to start. We obviously see no point in developing a new site of our own with an old theme when a new version is on the horizon. Some have voiced concerns about updating or upgrading, asking if it will be a smooth normal process as should be expected from WordPress, where in the past it has never been a straight forward process causing a lot of repair work.

In fairness we deserve to be informed so we can plan our projects. We are paying customers after all. Some of us paid more as Life members.

I have no further comments :)

February 21, 2018 at 4:40 am

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

@Jorg, the reasons I (and others) need info on when the release is coming and what we are getting:
    1. As Liz says why start a new project with current(old) theme if new one is coming very soon. Getting a PP theme to look like you want it takes a lot of time and effort so you don’t want to have to do this twice.
    2. I have current live sites that I’m continuously improving and developing – I’m holding off from developments as again I don’t want to have to do developments twice as upgrading will not be simple – it hasn’t been in the past.
    3. There may be features I’m looking to develop that may be present in new themes. If there are features that are essential to me not present in the current themes I want to know whether they will be in new ones so I can decide whether to wait for these themes or possibly look elsewhere.

Given the long wait we deserve some detailed information and if a detailed blog post had happened as was supposed to then this discussion wouldn’t be taking place.

February 21, 2018 at 9:01 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team