New release dates

• Engin

5 points

for planing my site uprade times, is it possible to write release dates for themes. In one of the topic has been said that in Feb but which theme? All, just one ? Could you tell us when this themes will be update?

Auction Theme
    Coupon Theme
    Car Dealer Theme
    Classifieds Theme
    Dating Theme
    Directory Theme
    Downloads Theme
    Micro Jobs Theme
    Real Estate Theme
    Shop Theme
    Price Comparison
    Job Board Theme
    Video Theme

Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru

1,315 points

hi,

we’re really excited for the new theme updates too however, Mark hasn’t said a word for specific date of its release.

He is still ironing everything out. Surely when the update is released it will released all themes.

Engin

5 points

For planing that will be good to know when.

Scott
    Scott

67 points

Yep,

November’s promised update date came and went, now we are into the February’s promised time frame….

Tick Tock

Not a Peep

Janak
    Super Guru

1,261 points

@Marie, Mark hasn’t given a specific date but is it expected to be this month as promised?
    Also. can we expect a Beta release before Live so we can test and report any bugs/issues?

@Scott, yes I share your optimism – would be good to hear something to reassure us!

Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,322 points

The new framework is a complete rewrite therefore debugging and testing is taking alot longer than expected not to mention the rewrite of child themes.

I will be releasing a blog post this week.

Didier

7 points

Hi Mark,
    in any case, will there be a tool to migrate the data to this new version?

Adnan
    Adnan

394 points

This is what I would like to know too.

scott
    scott

244 points

Keep up the good work, Mark.

I’m sure these guys would rather have a fully tested and de-bugged theme rather than rushing and releasing a theme that has lots of bugs!

Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member

422 points

Great to hear from you in this thread Mark,

There are many awesome and reliable plugins in word press repository that do a fantastic job of creating a child theme in 1- 2 clicks and your done!

I wouldn’t worry too much about a “complete” library of child themes, unless of course you intend creating additional functionality in child themes for what ever reason. Surely we don’t need to wait for child themes as well. Are child themes not something that can be introduced over time? Just a psychic thought!

I think the majority of us will want to create our own designs that better suit our individual site needs, rather than have all of our sites look the same except colour and images.

What we do need however is the ability to have flexibility in today’s day and age regarding being able to design our sites to suit ourselves, with out having to do a work around due to design being fixed into core. Just a suggestion.

There’s no doubt that you are a talented designer and genius developer, however catering for your customer base’s individual design needs in the core or via child themes is an impossible task, therefore how about leaving our preferences for design up to us. Just a thought.

Also there are many popular site builders in the wordpress repository, how about catering for compatibility with a few of those if you haven’t already, or even just a couple. It could take some workload pressure off the Premium press builder (possibly) on the other hand I could be mistaken. It’s just a psychic thought as none of us have any idea what’s on the horizon.

Previously Premium press themes have been created with passion,
    Innovation, and revenue generating functionality, not to mention a plethora of plugins to aid the revenue generating cause.

The themes have surpassed many if not all other theme developers out there for these attributes. There’s was no doubting this, it was fact. To be clear, I think the only reason we are all still here is for this simple fact, it is not the designs, so don’t stress about a complete child theme library unnecessarily. Child themes could come in time, unless you have already gone past the point of no return in development of course. Again a psychic thought!!

You have keen and willing testers at your finger tips, in a handful of experienced users offering, they obviously have the time right now.

Why not create a private thread for feedback and let them HELP you test and iron out crinkles in different situations. Testing must be a nightmare for you to do on your own. Let them help.

As mere human beings, we’re all naturally hard wired with empathy & understanding when we know what’s going on with “regular” news updates. Whereas waiting in the dark with silence on the home front aids frustration and dilutes faith and confidence.

The long term silence leads me to believe you may be holding back on what’s is in development due to the potential for a sudden stressful rush of a large group of us saying; (I want, I want, I want,) and (will there be this and that), and
    (I need this and that), perhaps there won’t be “this and that” a theme cannot be created out of the box to suit every single one of us, and so be it, we’ll have to improvise or use a plugin, hopefully other developers popular plugins will be compatible.

Yes a flourish of questions, requests and demands will no doubt happen, and this is because we all have all have our own businesses, projects and revenue generating ideas to consider, we’re human mere mortals !! Hell it’s the only reason we’re here.

For some it’s intended as a serious professional business venture and for others its intended as a revenue generating hobby and or passive income source.

We want to have a website for the purpose of making money.
    No other reason that’s a fact.
    We’re not using or hoping to use Premium press themes simply because we want to announce our “personal” existence to the world! We can do that with a free theme from the word press rep.

In a Nutshell, we’re here in the hope of having compatible tools with revenue generating functionality and the flexibility to create our own unique design for our individual innovative ideas.

A theme is just a functional tool to aid in the process, and shouldn’t be considered a walk in turn key business out of the box. Individuals should create their own businesses themselves with innovation, creativity and available tools.

February is a busy time for me, I personally don’t have time to offer this month, however let a handful of those that are offering, help test, their feedback would be invaluable, also please let us know what is coming sooner rather than later.
    Silence is crippling and not helpful to any of us.

Hell I don’t even know if I am wasting my time renewing premium domain names due in March and a few in April, I have a few thousand dollars on the line sitting dormant.
    It’s costing me money not knowing what I might be able to make use of.
    This is a huge part of my frustration, as is having faith in a theme development company.

Obviously excited and looking forward to hearing anything at all about what’s on the horizon :)

Edited to add this: On another note, why can’t the forum be fixed (text wrapping) the last letter or couple of letters on a line are broken and don’t wrap properly as they used to. Please can this be fixed.it’s so horrible to read posts with broken words dropping to the next line. It’s been like this for a couple of years now. Goodness…. Please sort it out, for interest sake I’m using Firefox if this make any difference.

Janak
    Super Guru

1,261 points

Much as it’s frustrating having to wait it is better to have a working bug free theme. However, many people have had their development on hold for sometime and we still don’t know what we are actually going to get. I have the following points to make:

1. We do need to know whether this is going to be an easy upgrade from our current systems. Will we be able simply update the theme like you can most other themes out there or will there be migration tool?

2. If we aren’t going to be told what new features are in the themes (this must be known if development is at the testing phase) then we should have access to a Beta release asap. We don’t need the child themes to test out the basic product.

Mark may well give us the information we need in the blog post he is posting this week plus realistic accurate estimates of when we will see Beta and Live releases. I await this blog post with great interest.

Vivek

95 points

Guys,

Development and Testing is tough job.There are many scenarios which needs to be considered. We should not be impatient, consider if there is no new update is announced. Ultimately what we need is bug free stable release.
    As Mark said since it is complete rewrite we should wait and see. Mark is not going to disappoint us for sure.

We definitely don’t want something that is released in hurry.

Patience is the key.

Cheers!

Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member

422 points

@Vivek ……… seriously? ……… “impatient” you mentioned ……….

You many not realise, many of us have been members
    for donkeys years, others for just a few years.

We are aware of the monumental task involved in re write,
    We are also aware that Mark is a very passionate developer,
    Mark does a great job and works very hard.
    We also understand that testing takes time.
    Rome wasn’t built in a day! We get that :)

We are NOT asking for something to be released now
    or ahead of schedule or even as promised for November 2017.

We are NOT even complaining about it being delayed to Feb 2018.

As Mark mentioned in a couple of posts, he had a backlog of
    support issues relating to upgrading people from the old
    version 6 -7.

It surprises me that people were actually using
    (pre 2013/2014 versions) in 2017,
    or that they would even function! but what do I know…..
    nothing obviously !!

We are also grateful and know we had a maintenance release to add
    support for PHP 7 in May 2017.

We are NOT asking for anything to be released at any specific time.
    We ARE patiently waiting and waiting and waiting as usual
    (for information).

We are simply making a very reasonable request for very basic information
    about what to expect so we can adjust our projects and plans accordingly.

Our request for basic info certainly is not unreasonable
    and holds no grounds at all to suggest
    “we should not be impatient” …… Seriously…..

Mark posted in a Christmas Hours post December 2017
    the following which we are all obviously excited about.

Christmas Operating Hours

framework development has kept us on our toes.
    In 2018 we plan to release a range of new themes
    as well as the redevelopment and upgrade of all our existing themes.

WOW !!

NEW Themes AS WELL AS upgrading all our existing themes!!

What’s not to be excited about……..
    Of course we’re all excited and desperate to know what to expect.
    Who wouldn’t be !! Only a crazy person for sure. :)

Janak
    Super Guru

1,261 points

@Vivek – regarding patience, I agree with Liz – we certainly can’t be accused of being impatient!

Mark is making a blog post this week so hopefully we will get all the information we need. I for one will reserve any further comments until then.

Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member

433 points

Hope to see Marks blog post to clear the confusion and frustrations..

thanks,
    Kiran

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.