New Page template

• Chris
    Chris

15 points

I desperately want to create a new page template. v8.9.6 August green responsive
    all I want it to do is:

1) pull the default home page owl slider
    2) have it listed as a template I can call for other pages
    3) display the content and data I create for the page in the WP page editor.

In other words, it would be a template, that only calls the owl slider from the default home page, and content I specify in the WP page editor.

Can anyone like Josh make a zip? :) I have been hacking my way through loops and functions but I am rusty and not as familiar and I take 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Hello Chris,
    Several article available online on how to create a page template in wordpress.Its a 2 step process.
    1.Make a copy the file page.php
    2.Enter Template name in your new custom page.php Done
    I have done a sample for you with the carousel.You can edit the file to enter more content you want

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris
    Chris

15 points

Josh, Thank you very much for trying. Let me show you with a little more detail what I want.

I setup Coupon press and the August green responsive on a clean install on another domain, so that no plugins or other conflicts are there.
    http://4raiders.com/
    the top slider with the featured coupons (gas masks) is what I am wanting to show up in the custom page template.

I installed your template you graciously sent, and the result is this:

test

Also, I want it to be a full page template. I selected full page in the WIDTH option in WordPress without any change. Sidebar remains.

Thank you so much.

Chris
    Chris

15 points

Josh,
    When I follow the directions to create a new page template:

1) copy page.php from main theme
    2) paste as page-custom.php in child and add template name in comments

It functions properly – however the sidebar will not go away when I select PAGE WIDTH: FULL PAGE from with wordpress page edit screen. As if the sidebar is hardcoded in the results somehow – although I don’t see it in the page template.

I want to make a full page template that acts like default template when page width: full page is selected.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Hello Chris,
    Please send me the file >>joshnjengak@gmail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.