an
groups-icon

Multiple Maps and Markers Per Listing

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Richard Wing
    0 points
    Beginner

regarding responsive directory….

I have been looking for a directory solution where we can allow for events and directory listings to be posted with more than one address location and have multiple markers for that event or listing.

I would also like to set a rate for each address above the first one so they will be charged based on how many map markers we list for them.

this would allow for events that happen in multiple locations or listings from franchises that have multiple store locations.

For events… the ability to set starting and ending dates and times for each location address and a location name for each location address like Store 234 or Store 765. There maybe a franchise owner with multiple locations that their company is holding an event.

Each store for the event may hold their event on different days or at different times on the same day.

For listings… the times could be used to show hours of operation.

There are two concepts to allow for multiple maps and markers…

ONE…

Multi-point google Maps feature

This idea would allow us to select a field type called Multi-Point Google Maps. when that field is selected it asks how many points would they be allowed to set for the map.

When this feature shows on the listing submission page the submitter would see multiple “location name”, “location description” , “location image” and “location address” fields that correspond with the admins options.

On the actual listing page it would show a single google map with each of the points showing a marker and if selected it would open a overlay with the location title, image, description and address.

Another feature could be that the admin can set options for base cost per point and let the submitter select how many points they want to add to their map and pay for it.

The plan could include a certain amount with a price for each additional point they want.

TWO…

Allowing multiple maps each having one location marker on them and displaying multiple maps on the listing page.

I would like to be able to define and order a custom field that corresponds to a google map so that I may allow my submitters to provide multiple locations.

This would also allow me to define the title for each field where as the default maps field title now says Your Location.

I want to allow people to provide multiple dates and locations for their tour. Right now I can deal with the date fields.

I think my idea for custom map fields opens the door for a great deal more flexibility.

So basically what I am describing is a new field in the custom fields area.

We would select for field type “google maps” and it would work exactly like a input field. and whatever address they put in there shows up as a point on the map.

I’m sure adding another custom field like this would take less than an hour at most to add.

I think we could have two field types as described in these two posts.

People can post events that happen over a period of time along a set route. maybe a ironman event, scavanger hunt, geo cache event etc…

I would be willing to pay to have this functionality developed into a plugin solution so future updates of the main theme are not effected.

Please consider adding in this functionality or contact me for commercial work.

There are no directories or event systems that allow for multiple location events and listings to be posted.

October 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    October 30, 2013 at 2:21 pm
  • Richard Wing
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    October 30, 2013 at 11:05 pm
  • Zeljko Tomic
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 28, 2013 at 3:52 pm
  • Richard Wing
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    January 18, 2014 at 9:14 am
  • Zeljko Tomic
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    January 21, 2014 at 11:33 am
  • Richard Wing
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 1, 2014 at 10:13 am
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 1, 2014 at 10:45 am
  • Richard Wing
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    October 3, 2014 at 9:50 pm
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    October 5, 2014 at 12:53 pm
  • Richard Wing
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    November 19, 2014 at 11:34 am
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 20, 2018 at 10:55 am

Views

Replies