Migrate non responsive to December Child Theme

WordPress Business Themes Forums Child Themes Migrate non responsive to December Child Theme

Migrate non responsive to December Child Theme

February 24, 2017
 Pamela

• Pamela
    Newbie 12 points

Hi

I am looking to upgrade a 7.1.3 directory, and wish to use December theme. However, this will need customising to our brand colours. Can I modify and create a child theme from December, bearing in mind this is already a child theme?

Is anyone able to provide logical steps to do this?

thanks from a non expert premiumpress girl.

February 24, 2017 at 1:54 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Pamela,
    You can’t use a responsive theme child theme on a version 7 theme.Please upgrade theme first to responsive theme.Send in a request via ticket section to get the theme >>http://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

February 24, 2017 at 2:09 pm

• Pamela
    Newbie 12 points

Hi Josh

thanks for the response, I don’t think I worded my question well.

I already purchased a responsive theme DirectoryPress and use it on another website. I have two websites running Version 7 and I wish to migrate them to the Directory Press Responsive theme – December Child Theme created by PP. This December theme needs modifying to my own brand.

The Question: Do I need to install DP Responsive theme, then December theme, or can I just migrate straight to December Theme, and them modify to create a child theme.

Hope that makes sense.

thanks.

February 24, 2017 at 3:35 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

You must install Parent theme for child theme to work.Install the Responsive Directory theme then install the child theme and make your modifications using the child theme

February 24, 2017 at 3:40 pm
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

• Pamela
    Newbie 12 points

Thanks Josh

That’s really clear – and will give it a go.

February 24, 2017 at 3:47 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

You’re welcome Pamela.Have a great Day :)

February 24, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team