Members Area and Dashboard links and Members page not working

• Carl

39 points

Suddenly my Members page and Dashboard are not working. The links from the home page just link to the home page and when I try to access the Members page directly I get the below error –

This page isn’t working

alphalegal.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Thank you for any help you can provide.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

Hello Carl,

Looks like you have it working already(?), it loaded fine for me.

Julian

90 points

General setup>> page & button links??…that usually screws a lot up if they are not linked..

cheers

Carl

39 points

No, it’s not loading. Still same error at https://alphalegal.com/members/.

Two things are happening.

1. The page will not load resulting in the error above. (It will not even preview if I go in to edit the page). I’ve checked with different browsers, computers, cell phones.

2. The links to the page have been disabled. The Members Area link on the home page now links back to the home page, perhaps the result of something the software or a plugin is doing to compensate.

I did recently try to create a totally unrelated page with Premium Press Page Builder and that seems to not be working 100% either. So, perhaps I need to reinstall some or part of the software and then rebuild the page? It’s been a couple of years since I built that site so I don’t remember to what extent I created or modified the Members page.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

Ok, thanks for the URL.

A couple questions…
    – Have you looked at the server error log?
    – Have you recently made changes (or has any plugins) to the “.htaccess” file?

Carl

39 points

I have not checked the error log and I don’t believe anything has changed the htaccess file, but I will see if I can find out.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.