Member manually unpublish (or disable) property listing – can this be done?

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Real Estate Theme Member manually unpublish (or disable) property listing – can this be done?

Member manually unpublish (or disable) property listing – can this be done?

July 15, 2016
 ck1066

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points

Hi,

Im using the RT estate theme and was wondering how members unpublish or disable a listing from the site once it has been sold so it’s no longer accessible, without waiting for it to expire. Is it possible?

From what I have seen a member can only delete or edit a listing. It would be if a user can “unpublish” or “edit this listing”

Regards

July 15, 2016 at 12:42 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello ck1066,
    Currently users can only delete.Only admin can set a listing status to draft

July 15, 2016 at 2:35 pm

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

A user/member must have the ability to unpublish a listing once the property has been sold/rented without having to delete the property listing every time it needs re-advertising.

Your solution suggests that every time a property is sold or rented, the member must raise a tick to have the property unpublished by someone with admin privileges. This could result in hundreds of requests a day when it would be much easier for the user to login to their dashboard and simply change the status of the listing to unpublish, sold, rented or something similar.

July 19, 2016 at 11:54 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello ck1066,
    The feature is not available in the theme hence customization will be required.Or you can create a custom field (Listing Setup >Custom Fields) then for example name it ‘Status’ then add the options sold and rented.This way when an item is rented or sold a user can click on the ‘Edit this Listing’ button and select an option from the ‘Status’ custom field

July 19, 2016 at 1:11 pm

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points

I have tried your suggestion. The problem is that this newly created custom field has no impact on whether the listing is displayed or not. This also has to be a hidden field so its not displayed on the listing page.

is it possible to link this custom field to the wp_post field in wp_posts database table, as this is the field which dictates whether a listing is published or not.

If this can be done how do I reference that table name and field, is it wp_posts.post_status, or just post_status?

Regards.

July 20, 2016 at 8:51 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello ck1066,
    Customization is required.Please post here >>www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

July 20, 2016 at 1:09 pm

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points

Hi Josh,

I note version 9 of the RT theme is due for release shortly. Can you confirm whether users/agents are now able to publish/unpublish a listing without having to delete the entire listing?

I think this is a major requirement which for some reason has not been considered.

If I have 20 agents, each with 40 listings. Each time a listing is sold or rented they would have to raise a support ticket for the site owner to unpublish the listing. That’s just not workable.

One solution I can see is to change the “delete listing” in the users dashboard to “Publish/Unpublish”, or similar. Is this possible?

February 23, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team