Listing replicates istself as Compared Product and lists under itself!

• Chuck
    Chuck

70 points

Strange problem here.

I made a test listing (aka post) and it replicated itself as a compared product (aka page) and listed itself as a compared product on it’s own listings page. pic 1

It is nowhere to be found in the backend under Compared Products so I have no idea how to delete it. pic 2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chuck
    Chuck

70 points

Oh, and I can’t even find it in the MySQL admin panel either.

Chuck
    Chuck

70 points

I figured out what happened. It comes down to this theme having fields to select/fill in the back end that simply do not apply to the theme, which makes things confusing. I understand they are there because they are used for other themes, but it leads to confusion for those of us that have no experience with the PP theme offerings and just want a Price come site. Here’s what happened.

When you create a listing (which is a product page, not an offering by a merchant), under the section “Listing details” it asks you for price & affiliate link. If you actually fill in the “affiliate link” field, it will treat that listing as a compared product (meaning a merchant offering) as well as a listing & therefore place that listing on the comparison chart as a compared item under that listing. This is not needed. You simply leave that affiliate link field blank. But if you do, you are in for a world of confusion LOL.

In fact, you should leave the price link blank as well since you should not be setting a price for a listing, only a compared product. However, that creates another problem which I addressed a “solution” to in this thread…

Show lowest price

Same goes for having to select a store to link the listing to. This is completely unneeded since listings do not need to be linked to stores for this theme to work as a price come theme. Only compared products need to be linked to stores since users will want to know which store is offering that product at that price before clicking on the buy link. However, you are forced to select a store for listing pages anyway. The good news is, as far as I can see, this does not create any problems…you just select a store & leave it and forget about it.

Just don’t fill in the “Affiliate Link” field for listings!!! LOL

Umair

1 points

Hello Chuck, you seem to be very active on this forum and since i cant get through to the customer support as they always seem to be “helping someone” i turn to you for guidance. I have no idea on how to actually compare products. When listing products such as Spa #1 and Spa #2. When i view Spa #1 I cannot compare with Spa #2 and so on and so forth.

Can someone please help me as this is for my final year project degree!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.