Importing Custom Taxonomies via CSV

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Importing Custom Taxonomies via CSV

Importing Custom Taxonomies via CSV

June 3, 2014
Thomas Thomas
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 33 points

Hi,

There are lots of legacy notes about an update allowing the import of custom taxonomies.

When I import comma separated categories the CSV importer loads them as those individual categories and the listing mapped to those multiple categories – great!

When I import comma separated cusom taxonomies, the CSV importer loads the data as a single text string, as opposed to a series of separated taxonomies – not so great!

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Tom

June 3, 2014 at 10:47 pm
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,819 points

Add your custom taxonomies in here:

Theme Options -> Toolbox -> Bulk Category Import

HTH :)

June 4, 2014 at 1:05 am
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 33 points

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply Clive, but the custom taxonomies I’ve set up are different from my categories, would this not just import them into my category section?

June 4, 2014 at 6:28 am
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,049 points

Hi Thomas,

Please try to use a plugin to bulk import custom taxonomy, you can try to check this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wpessence-bulk-categories/

June 4, 2014 at 8:18 am
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 33 points

Hi,

I can upload the custom taxonomies on mass just fine, however when trying to assign multiple to one listing I can’t seem to do it on mass?

Any help would be hugely appreciated, still can’t seem to get this one working!

Tom

June 4, 2014 at 8:10 pm
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 33 points

Please anyone? If nothing by end of the day I’ll submit a support ticket.

Thanks,

Tom

June 5, 2014 at 8:31 am
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 33 points

Just a quick note to update this to say a huge thanks to Mark who actually updated the plugin to support the CSV upload of custom taxonomies. Fantastic support.

June 10, 2014 at 11:03 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,618 points

:) np

June 11, 2014 at 2:05 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,618 points

:) np

June 11, 2014 at 2:05 am
  • gavin
    gavin
    Newbie 4 points

Hi,
    Is there a function somewhere in premiumpress to import a csv of terms for a taxonomy? I looked in the ‘toolbox’ but it looks to do a bulk category import only.

Thanks
    gav

June 10, 2015 at 3:43 am

• Roy
    Newbie 6 points

Is there any more info regarding how to import taxonomies? The toolbox import only allowed me to import categories and not taxonomies.

June 14, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team