Importing Custom Taxonomies via CSV

• Thomas
    Thomas

33 points

Hi,

There are lots of legacy notes about an update allowing the import of custom taxonomies.

When I import comma separated categories the CSV importer loads them as those individual categories and the listing mapped to those multiple categories – great!

When I import comma separated cusom taxonomies, the CSV importer loads the data as a single text string, as opposed to a series of separated taxonomies – not so great!

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Tom

Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru

1,819 points

Add your custom taxonomies in here:

Theme Options -> Toolbox -> Bulk Category Import

HTH :)

Thomas
    Thomas

33 points

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply Clive, but the custom taxonomies I’ve set up are different from my categories, would this not just import them into my category section?

Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru

1,046 points

Hi Thomas,

Please try to use a plugin to bulk import custom taxonomy, you can try to check this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wpessence-bulk-categories/

Thomas
    Thomas

33 points

Hi,

I can upload the custom taxonomies on mass just fine, however when trying to assign multiple to one listing I can’t seem to do it on mass?

Any help would be hugely appreciated, still can’t seem to get this one working!

Tom

Thomas
    Thomas

33 points

Please anyone? If nothing by end of the day I’ll submit a support ticket.

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas
    Thomas

33 points

Just a quick note to update this to say a huge thanks to Mark who actually updated the plugin to support the CSV upload of custom taxonomies. Fantastic support.

Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,399 points

:) np

Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,399 points

:) np

gavin
    gavin

4 points

Hi,
    Is there a function somewhere in premiumpress to import a csv of terms for a taxonomy? I looked in the ‘toolbox’ but it looks to do a bulk category import only.

Thanks
    gav

Roy

2 points

Is there any more info regarding how to import taxonomies? The toolbox import only allowed me to import categories and not taxonomies.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.