How To Restrict Premium Content to Featured Listing Package Only?

• Larry
    Larry

60 points

I have some “How to market your business” content that I want to restrict to the Featured Listing Package only. What is the best way to do this?

I’ve tried to use Memberships, but it requires an additional payment. I want the premium content to be included with the Featured Package.

Thanks

JamesD
    JamesD
    Titan

668 points

Hello Larry,

You can assign prices to packages memberships as well as assign packages to the membership.
    Have you tried to assign the specific membership to the featured package?

Note: There shouldn’t be a payment required unless the membership package is set with a price.

Larry
    Larry

60 points

Thanks for the reply, JamesD.

Well, one problem was that the Membership Packages display was below the fold on my submit page and I overlooked it. Must have looked at that page 1,000 times when building this site and, when trying to create this package, just never noticed it might be there.

I’m beginning to think I need to come at this from a different way, as Membership Packages may not be the best method. Ideally, creating another Listing Package enhancement would do it, but we are restricted to only 5 default enhancements.

I had assigned zero as the Membership price. But view the attachment of how the Membership Package displays. Maybe this functionality is not what is needed. Note that it says “Our membership packages let you submit multiple listings.” What I want to do has nothing to do with submitting multiple listings.

And the Pay Now button is confusing. It introduces something new into the sales process that isn’t clear.

I see how to edit the text in Theme Setup > Listing Setup > Membership Packages. I can tweak that. But how do I edit

Also, if I missed the Membership Package display below the fold, many of my demographic will. Many of them are not sophisticated computer users, and may be in a hurry, focused on the 3 Listing packages and clicking on the “Create Listing” button to get started.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Larry
    Larry

60 points

I didn’t finish part of my post. I wanted to ask how do I edit the line in the Membership Package display where it says, “Our membership packages let you submit multiple listings.”

Larry
    Larry

60 points

OK, problem solved– and without editing files and having a confusing message.

I went to Theme Setup > Listing Setup > Settings > Custom Page Text > Pricing Table Text. I portrayed what I wanted to do as a “Bonus” for choosing the Featured Listing package. The Custom Page text box will take HTML and CSS so I entered this code:

<h3><span style=”color: #ff0000;”>New – Bonus for Featured Listing Package</span></h3> (…and rest of message here.)

So in absence of being able to add Listing Package Enhancements, this was a good workaround. The red h3 font got it right up front, so buyers won’t miss the incentive, and could be motivated to choose the Featured Package.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.