how to disable showing ip address to author when visitors post comments

• Na

54 points

I have found that when visitors post comments and authors of listings received comments, the IP addresses would also show in the email. How to how to disable showing ip address when posting comment?

JamesD
    JamesD
    Titan

671 points

Hello,

Are they email alerts? (i.e. has the text “Email Alert Triggered” within the messages.)
    Do you have additional specifics you can post? (i.e. the theme/child theme, email subject line…etc)

Na

54 points

Thank you for your reply, JamesD, but email alerts seem to be unrelated to this issue and i don’t post additional specifics.

Na

54 points

I misunderstood what you said. The additional specifics are: in “New Message Received”, after the name of the author, it shows “(IP:xxx.xx.xx.,xxxxxxx.netvigator.com)”. What I want is to delete the IP address.

Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru

1,315 points

Hi

Can you attach a screenshot please?

Julian

90 points

he means when the sytem sends us an email from the email trigger events in premium…they display the IP when people get them..it does on my end too..but I want the IP

:)

Na

54 points

What I want is, I don’t want other users to receive the IP address but the admin can receive. I once logged in as a user and posted comment then other users feedback on that comment. My email received the feedback and the IP address of that feedback.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru

1,315 points

Na

54 points

I have searched this method and found that it is complicated. Any easier method?

Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru

1,315 points

hi Na,

I’m afraid there’s no other method for that. You will have to go through the file. The theme does not have an option to remove that either.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.