Hide Country selection in search

• DANA

15 points

Hello, is there a way to have the country not show in the advanced search box? I realize it has to be present in order to search by state, but it seems kind of silly to have to have everyone choose the united states when no other countries will be using the website. Is there any way to keep from making users choose the country every time they search? Thanks

JamesD
    JamesD
    Titan

655 points

Hello DANA,

Do you see it listed under “Theme Setup > Search Setup > Advanced Search Fields”?

If so, then try clicking the “Remove Field” link (with red background) that’s located just to the left of the field name.Clicking this link will remove it. Then click ‘Save Changes’.

DANA

15 points

Hello, yes, but if I remove the country, then the state search doesn’t work.. I just want to be able to set a default country so my users don’t have to choose the same country every time. thank you

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Dana,
    You will need to edit theme core files to remove the countries you don’t need.CT >framework >class >class_search.php

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

DANA

15 points

thanks Josh

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

You’re welcome Dana :)

DANA

15 points

Hey Josh, when I try to do that, I have to restore my theme, so apparently I don’t know how to do it correctly. Could I possibly hire PP to do this small adjustment for me? Thanks

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Dana,
    Please post here >>www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

DANA

15 points

Just an FYI.. I found a great developer from the link and he did a wonderful job on fixing this for me.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Thanks for updating Dana.Have a great day :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.