Hide Country selection in search

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Classifieds Theme Hide Country selection in search

Hide Country selection in search

September 26, 2017
 DANA

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

Hello, is there a way to have the country not show in the advanced search box? I realize it has to be present in order to search by state, but it seems kind of silly to have to have everyone choose the united states when no other countries will be using the website. Is there any way to keep from making users choose the country every time they search? Thanks

September 26, 2017 at 1:05 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 913 points

Hello DANA,

Do you see it listed under “Theme Setup > Search Setup > Advanced Search Fields”?

If so, then try clicking the “Remove Field” link (with red background) that’s located just to the left of the field name.Clicking this link will remove it. Then click ‘Save Changes’.

September 26, 2017 at 2:35 am

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

Hello, yes, but if I remove the country, then the state search doesn’t work.. I just want to be able to set a default country so my users don’t have to choose the same country every time. thank you

September 26, 2017 at 3:04 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Dana,
    You will need to edit theme core files to remove the countries you don’t need.CT >framework >class >class_search.php

September 26, 2017 at 12:03 pm
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

thanks Josh

September 26, 2017 at 12:19 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

You’re welcome Dana :)

September 26, 2017 at 1:08 pm

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

Hey Josh, when I try to do that, I have to restore my theme, so apparently I don’t know how to do it correctly. Could I possibly hire PP to do this small adjustment for me? Thanks

October 1, 2017 at 2:55 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Dana,
    Please post here >>www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

October 2, 2017 at 12:26 pm

• DANA
    Newbie 15 points

Just an FYI.. I found a great developer from the link and he did a wonderful job on fixing this for me.

October 2, 2017 at 4:43 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Thanks for updating Dana.Have a great day :)

October 2, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team