Hide "Change Location" – A better way!

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Comparison Theme Hide "Change Location" – A better way!

Hide "Change Location" – A better way!

January 28, 2017
Chuck Chuck
  • Chuck
    Chuck
    Newbie 70 points

I found a better way to remove the “Change Location” link in the header navigation.

If there is a problem with this method, please post it here.

Many here are telling us to put #core_header_navigation { display: none; } in the custom CSS box, but that removes the whole header navigation so you can’t use it for links. And #core_header_navigation a { display: none; } removes all header links, even your menu links if you’re using them.

Here’s my solution…

Step 1 – Go to Theme Setup – Language Setup. Search for “Change Location”. When you find it, in the blank box next to it, just put a blank space in there with your space bar. That gets rid of the “Change Location” text link in the header.

Step 2 – To get rid of the little flag, just go to the Custom CSS box and place in there the following code…

.flag { display: none; }

Done!

I hope in the future they give the “Change Location” text it’s own CSS selector so it can be removed easily within CSS. The only other way, as of now, is to remove the whole header via CSS, remove all the links in the header with CSS or modify a core file.

January 28, 2017 at 10:36 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Thanks for sharing Chuck :)

January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
  • Kashif
    Kashif
    Senior Member 140 points

Cheers Chuck i just did mine. Appreciated

January 30, 2017 at 3:09 pm

• Finn
    Newbie 24 points

Thank you. You made my day!

April 28, 2017 at 8:05 pm
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team