Google PageSpeed Insights

• Jason
    Jason
    Elite Member

602 points

Can someone help me to understand, out of 5 websites Ive made with the Directory Theme, never been able to get past this mark in the picture unless some extra major tweaking is done.

Does this mean the script is not up to scratch for Google?,

like I said, made 5 sites and all the same

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ramon
    Ramon

167 points

It’s not that its not up to scratch – I’ve just tried six times to get into the Featured Image editor inside the listing manager – and each time the images cannot be updated from in there as all content inside the listing manager is untouchable without consequences, otherwise I’d have a great tip!

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Hello Jason,
    The plugin is working correctly.Probably something you have not done correctly.Have you created a custom field to add the website link/url?

Jason
    Jason
    Elite Member

602 points

What plugin, i mever mentioned any plugin. That was googles ste, see pictire address bar

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Sorry,thought you where referring to the Website Screenshot Plugin

Janak
    Super Guru

1,189 points

Jason, you can fix Leverage Browser Caching easily by adding code to you .htaccess file. If you Google it you’ll find some good explanations. Here’s one:

https://varvy.com/pagespeed/leverage-browser-caching.html

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

427 points

Thanks for sharing Janak.

Janak
    Super Guru

1,189 points

No problem James.

Just be aware when you set up the expire times for file types users browsers are caching them for this length of time so you need to consider the changes you make.

eg. images on your site probably won’t change so you can have a longer expire time on hese but if you are making regular changes to css you will want a shorter expire time or users won’t see your changes for a long time unless they refresh their browser cache.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.