Google Map red markers take a few minutes to load

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Google Map red markers take a few minutes to load

Google Map red markers take a few minutes to load

November 29, 2017
Iason Iason
  • Iason
    Iason
    Newbie 76 points

Hi,

I have this site http://activeshipyards.com/ which loads OK when you click it but I have to wait a few minutes before the red markers appear on the map. This results in slowing down the search process and site gets slow in general. Once the red markers appear the speed seems to be OK.

I have seen other sites on the internet that use maps with markers but they load super fast. Once you click on their site everything loads fast, no waiting!

I have added WP Fastest Cache and Far Future Expiration Plugin, did the settings as read, this is why the site loads OK. I only have problem with the red markers that are too slow to load.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 29, 2017 at 8:55 am
  • Iason
    Iason
    Newbie 76 points

Help, someone ?

November 30, 2017 at 8:10 am
  • Iason
    Iason
    Newbie 76 points

Hi again,

http://activeshipyards.com/ is slow before it completely loads. This is the result of the red markers on google map.

When I click on http://activeshipyards.com/ it loads with a place on the map I have chosen (as shown on picture 1 above) but I must wait a few minutes before it loads completely by showing the world map with all the red markers (picture 2 above).

That makes the site slow.

What must I do in order to load the world map with the red markers faster? Or is there a way not to show all the red markers in the world map?

December 4, 2017 at 10:59 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Lason,
    I don’t think there is anything you can do from theme side.You will probably have to switch to a better/faster host

December 4, 2017 at 12:04 pm
  • Iason
    Iason
    Newbie 76 points

I read somewhere something about reducing the number of listings showing on google map?

I might be mistaken though because I couldn’t find anything like that on theme settings.

I have 3 sites to the host I am now so it’s not an option for me to move to another one.

December 4, 2017 at 12:43 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Lason,
    Unfortunately there is no option to set number of listings to be displayed in map.All listings with location set will be displayed.You can turn ON ‘Map Cluster Markers’ under Theme Setup >Content Setup >Geo Locations

December 4, 2017 at 4:35 pm
  • Iason
    Iason
    Newbie 76 points

I’ve seen this option… May I ask what does it do? I mean why someone should choose “Map Cluster Markers” ?

December 5, 2017 at 8:09 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Lason,
    It clusters all markers in a certain location into one.Its indicated below the section “Turn ON if you want the map icons to be clustered, recommended for larger websites.”

December 5, 2017 at 12:49 pm
  • Iason
    Iason
    Newbie 76 points

Hi Josh,

Thank you for explaining :-)

December 11, 2017 at 8:47 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

You’re welcome Lason.Have a great day :)

December 11, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team