Framework 9.1.4 – Bugs & Issues – Please post here

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Framework 9.1.4 – Bugs & Issues – Please post here

Framework 9.1.4 – Bugs & Issues – Please post here

June 4, 2018
Mark Fail Mark Fail

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points

The email has From Address of the website rather than the person who filled in the form so the listing owner cannot just hit reply button to reply to the enquiry. Mark, I can understand why you have done it this way but would it be possible to set Reply To email address to the email address of the person who filled out form so listing owner can hit reply button to reply to enquiries?

June 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
  • SchaOn
    SchaOn
    Newbie 28 points

Not automatically bringing in:

User Settings>Registration Fields

Also, with the Submission setup… it’s not bringing in any of that (and we have multiple different levels/pricing for submissions), currently no Memberships.

June 9, 2018 at 5:57 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,682 points

Hi SchaOn

Do you mean bringing in from a v8 install or when adding fields via the admin?

June 11, 2018 at 1:22 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,682 points

Hi @Janak,

I think it was Version 7 where we had the messges system setup the way your describing and it went badly, website spammers can spam client inboxes and send abusive messages from your website if you allow users to email directly via your website. I have no plans to add this back at the moment.

June 11, 2018 at 2:38 am
  • Jason
    Jason
    Guru 831 points

@ Mark Fail

Howdy, been awaiting the Skype replies, we cant do business without replies.

I have also created another ticket which need you to look at, not just that, we cannot reply to tickets, no button

Image link: http://prntscr.com/jthozh

There’s no other way to contact you by the seems of only this way

Ticket ID: NIE-469-10932

June 11, 2018 at 5:00 am

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points

@Mark, I think you have misunderstood me:
    As you have it now visitor uses Contact Us form on listing page and the message is logged on listing owner’s account and the listing owner also gets an email from the website with the From set as the website’s email address and not the email address of the website visitor who sent the message – his email address is in the body of the message.
    I’m not asking you to change any of this, just add the website visitor’s address (person who sent enquiry) as Reply To address on the email. This way the email is still from the website but when the listing owner hits reply to the enquiry the message will go to the right person rather to the website owner.

On my live version 8 website I had to make this mod myself as I kept getting emails from listing owners who were replying to their enquiries thinking they were replying to the person who made the initial enquiry.

June 11, 2018 at 5:48 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,682 points

Thread closed in favour of new one here;

Framework 9.1.5 – Bugs & Issues – Please post here

June 12, 2018 at 6:55 am
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team